“Not the tops but worth trying”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of JiRaffe Restaurant - CLOSED

JiRaffe Restaurant
Cuisines: American, French, International, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: 5th Street
Description: JiRaffe offers market directed rustic California/French food with seasonally inspired classic cocktails in a casually chic environment. The service is relaxed yet articulate and as elegant as the coastal community of Santa Monica.
Westlake Village, CA
“Not the tops but worth trying”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I wish Trip Advisor had a rating between Average and Very Good (like Good) because that's what I would have given JiRaffe. It was enjoyable, and definitely good. The beet salad was very tasty and a unique presentation. The pork was also tasty, properly cooked but the apply "chutney' was pretty basic (cooked apple slices ... not really a chutney). And I judge a 'very good' restaurant by the bread. Here it was good (not very good) again. And, the sticky toffee pudding for desert was again, good ... nothing I would go back for.

Bottom line: worth going to (yes) if you are in the area. Worth traveling to just for the meal (not really) but then I really need something to be very good to be worth traveling to.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank JesseSlome

United States
“Everything was fantastic! We'll be back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Our first visit and our only disappointment was we didn't eat here earlier. For starters the crab cake and mushroom ravioli were delicious. The pork entree with savory apple chutney might have been the best we have ever had. The dorado with a small piece of lobster tail was served with an out of this world lentil side. Dessert continued the tasty streak with a lemon soufflé and creme brûlée! Service was friendly and helpful.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Traveling_a_lot4fun
California
“Still excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We've been to Jiraffe on and off for years. Tonite we visited again and as on previous visits were not disappointed. The service and the food were excellent. The space is relatively noisy so if it were quiet it would be a more intimate experience. We were seated upstairs which somewhat decreases the decibel level. The lobster appetizer my wife had was great. I had the french onion soup and tho I pride myself on my version of the dish, this one was better. We had a special which was a ribeye cut to simulate a filet mignon, it was excellent. Dessert was a chocolate creme brulee' also excellent. The tariff with two glasses of Malbec was quite fair for the quality. The service was attentive without being obtrusive. We will return again, the crowds at the restaurant tonite suggest lots of people also enjoy the place.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Chingachgook
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderfully surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful surprise with this restaurant, finding very good preparations of some French classics, as well as some creative twists. They advertise an "intimate experience," and I agree: most LA French restaurants have either a casual bistro or a pretentious atmosphere; in contrast, Jiraffe has a good relaxed yet romantic ambiance. We are excited to return.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank LLarry75
Auburn, California
“Food and service were excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant has a great feel to it and the food was equal to the ambience. There were some good values on the wine list. It's nice when you can get a WS 90+ rated wine without experiencing buyer's remorse when the credit card bill arrives. The lamb shank and pork chop were delicious. Our waiter was friendly and helpful (without overdoing it). Highly recommended.