“Absolutely Dynamite”
Review of The Lobster

The Lobster
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lobster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 719 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Colorado Ave.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I found this little gem early in the day, returning later with my fiancee in tow (after she had been at conference all day). Everything about this place is top notch. The location overlooks the Pacific Ocean and the Santa Monica pier. We sat and watched the sun set over the ocean as we ate our meal. Our server was knowledgable, enthusiastic, and attentive. The menu has a wide range of options. I opted for an appetizer of raw oysters from Washington State, followed by a melange of seafood over black pasta. We ended with Chocolate & Peanut Butter Torte.

All I can say is - WOW.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,824)

Reviewed April 23, 2013

From last minute reservation (a must!) to the final tab, this was a lovely dining experience. The front-desk "kids" are are kind and personable. Their customer service training is evident in all their interactions. The food was unforgettable. Truly artistic and delicious. The view of the kinetic Ferris wheel at night put the experience over the top. What fun. I'd come back for sure.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was my first time here, although my son and his wife have been here three times. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. Each time my son ate here, it was consistently good. The views of the Santa Monica Pier and the Pacific Ocean add to the ambiance. It would be good idea to make a reservation, as it is very busy, especially on weekends.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

In October last year dined twice at the The Lobster Restaurant looking out over Santa Monica Pier, beach and the Pacific Ocean. Been to this restaurant on previous visits to LA dating back 12+ years. The seafood is very good and the staff very obliging notwithstanding that the restaurant, lunch and dinner, is always busy.

The 2nd time we went to dinner the restaurant was booked out but advised our hotel if we came along they would get us in within the hour. Turned up and the Maitre de offered us cocktails and chatted with us in Reception. The Maitre de also did us an exceptional service by phoning around and finding a store - which turned out to be in Santa Monica - with a David Beckham LA Galaxy jersey for Marietta's grandson - we had driven everywhere searching for it in LA. The store held the jersey, which was the last Bechkam left in the store, which we paid for and collected next morning.

Maitre de not only declined our gratuity but ordered another round of free cocktails for 2 very happy and impressed Australians.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great view from the top of the pier almost...and one of the better restaurants on the pier or near it. Heard someone say the valet was asking $20 to park your car which is nuts. But the parking situation is. Off-season have paid $8 to park below, and ended up paying $12 this past weekend. Tried to park on top of the pier (only because that is where we ended up) and after 16:00 it is $15, no debates. Otherwise $3 per hour. Kind of got into it with the parking attendant of the pier, said I wasn't going to be there 5 hours but after 16:00, that is the rule - know this...and bring cash too. I advise parking below and walking up if that is an option for you. Good place to view the sea and people watch. Seafood enchiladas were great, and I have had those everywhere - kind of how a I judge a restaurant (if they are on the menu). These were certainly near or at the top. Seating was a little tight so I don't think I'd bring a clown car full of small children or something is going to get knocked over - more for relaxed, adult dining.