“Gorgeous views, delicious food, outstanding service”
Review of The Lobster

The Lobster
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lobster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 693 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Colorado Ave.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My family and I made 6:00 reservations, which worked beautifully because we could watch the sun set over the ocean in Santa Monica. We began with a chilled martini, the crab cake, jumbo wild Mexican shrimp cocktail, and a small salad to share. I had the Alaskan halibut. It was tasty.

The service was outstanding. Very knowledgable, friendly, efficient and our server, Mike has personality plus. Request to be seated in his section.

There are newer reviews for The Lobster

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This restaurant fast became one of my favorites in the L.A. area. Where else in the Southland can you get real Dungeness crab?! The service is impeccable. I love the fact that many of the employees (such as the host) have been there since its reopening 13 years ago. I make reservations before I go and have never had to wait more than a few minutes to be seated, and with reservations, more often than not, I can get a table with a view! Additionally, The Lobster sends me gift certs for my anniversary and birthday every year (plus they usually throw in a complimentary dessert!). The food is fab!, just as the rest of The Lobster experience. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Great food, reasonable prices and beautiful views. Went with friends and we had a great time and everyone loved the food. Make reservations!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Oh dear
Rarely write reviews but feel compelled to express our disappointment. We have been travelling around California for the past month and I am afraid this was the most expensive, least enjoyable meal we have had. I had the spiny lobster which was chewy salty and practically inedible.

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I have to say when I walked in the door I felt under dressed and when a group came in with a reservation I felt like running out the door but the staff were helpfull assuring me and my son that even though they were full if we could wait ten minutes max we would be seated about three minutes later we were shown to our seats and promptly given drinks while ordering the staff helped us by recommending what a first timer for eating lobster should try as a full lobster looks daunting altogether a tasty meal and add the excellent service I would say this place is A MUST GO TO any time you are in Los Angeles