“Exquisite Food”
Review of Melisse

Melisse
Reserve with OpenTable
Melisse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 681 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: 11th Street and Wilshire Blvd.
New York
“Exquisite Food”
Reviewed October 18, 2007

Melisse is understated and elegant in appearance and the food is unbelievable! You can definitely understand why Zagat's 2008 rated it #1 in food.
The tasting menu is the way to go. Dont' be fooled by the small portions. Trust me, you will be full by the end of the meal!
The egg caviar & lobster bolognese appetizers are both exceptional! The Trio of Prime beef entree is mouth watering good! Both taste and presentation of everything is superb.
While it certainly is not inexpensive, it is worth every penny.

Montreal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's worth it...”
Reviewed August 2, 2007

Wow! Excellent service, amazing food and a great wine list , this is what await you at Melisse. We've decided to go there because we've heard great things about the place. Sometimes, the hype doesn't translate but in this case, it did. We've been to Spago and Valentino on the same trip but we didn't get the same experience for the same amount of money. If you only have one restaurant to go in LA, Melisse should be on top of your list, period.

1 Thank AndreL
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Superb!”
Reviewed December 17, 2006

A restaurant that looks understated in it's appearance, has a v small bar area, but what lies beneath is truely one of the best in LA.

We couldn't fault a single facet of this restaurant. The service was amazing, attentitive, friendly, but def not rushed in traditional American style. The Sommeliers choice of wine, as we couldn't decide (too much choice!!) was fantastic, it matched the superb tasting menu perfectly! The food was minimal, interesting, diverse & made you want more (except we were far too full after 5 courses!)

It's not cheap - but you get every penny's worth of what you pay for & for a special occasion or just because you can - spend frivolously & enjoy, great restaurants like this are few & far between in LA!!

1 Thank mot1e
San Francisco, California
“One of the best restaurants in LA”
Reviewed May 10, 2006

I have been to Melisse twice. Both times were wonderful. Try to get a booth if you can -- much more romantic and private. The cheese course is a must!

I recently went for my anniversary. I told the host that it was an anniversary dinner when I made the reservations, and my spouse and I were presented with the little boxes of chocolates when we arrived.

4 Thank VC1850
San Diego, California
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed November 6, 2005

It was an excellent experience to introduce fine five star French cuisine to my two best friends. It was a 40th and 41st birthday celebration for them. This was an introduction for my friends and they felt completely spoiled. It reminded me of my stay in Luxembourg. The servers were gracious, polite and very attentive. Expect to pay more than you intend. It is well worth it. When we arrived at our table they had a small gold boxes with chocolate truffles and a happy birthday card for each of my friends . To me it showed a wonderful attention to detail. I will come back.

4 Thank LovesNature66