“It's pretty good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ocean Ave Seafood

Ocean Ave Seafood
Ranked #247 of 676 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Seafood, American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Santa Monica Blvd
“It's pretty good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Delicious wild fishes from the ocean. And beautiful fishes in the aquarium. Comfortable valet parking. Everything good!

Newport News, Virginia
“Fresh Seafood....Traditional”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Traditional seafood house. Large selection of fish & shellfish. All fresh. Very busy sat night but reservation honored timely. Open kitchen.. Lots of dark wood.

4 of us shared 2 Dungeness cold crab cocktails, and dozen various raw oysters. They offer about a dozen varieties. We all had different fresh fish. I had Pacific Stripped Bass w/grilled veg. I'd give it a 10. The one thing that kept me from giving restaurant an excellent rating was my wife's grilled Salmon was served raw. We put the fish on a side plate since she wanted to keep eating her sides. The waiter was very apologetic, quickly removed the fish. In just a very few mins a full fresh serving arrived totally new fish and sides, prepared properly. The food server and waiter both presented and apologized again. The original fish should never have left the kitchen but very busy night and line cooks make mistakes like the rest of us.

Excellent wine list burnout bargains.

Would comeback in a second and would rate much higher than mid 90's of the 350 trip advisor rated restaurants in bSanta Monica. Bubba Gumps (Ihop seafood) was rated in top 20 ,go figure?

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank M C
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing meal, great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We ducked into this restaurant as it started pouring and the waitress kindly sat us at a window table near heaters. He had the swordfish and still says it's the best swordfish he's ever had. Service was great and food was delicious. We'll be back next time we're in Socal.

• Visited November 2011
Los Angeles, California
“Not a good restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We celebrated a special occasion here and I did not remember the food to be poor as it was. Truly, I felt cheated when the bill arrived. I sent my lunch back because it was so unappetizing (something I never do for many reasons) and declined to order anything else (also something I have never done) My family didn't like their food either but were not as incensed as I was. Talk about overcharging for food that was not fresh and poorly prepared. The atmosphere, unless you are in the front of the restaurant, is like being in a cheap, 1960's diner.

Visited June 2012
Picton, New Zealand
“Average !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were really looking forward to eating here but were pretty dissatisfied . The food was average although the prices were giving the impression that the food would be amazing. Would probably not dine here again.

• Visited September 2012