“The best Polish food I've had in the US”

Warszawa Restaurant
Ranked #264 of 682 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Polish, Czech, Eastern European, Central European
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
London, United Kingdom
“The best Polish food I've had in the US”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I've been to this restaurant many times - it's now my go-to Polish restaurant in L.A., and a must-visit whenever I'm in town. I'm pretty sure I've run the entire gamut on the menu and was nothing but pleased with every single item. It's comfortable but still very quaint and cozy, the staff have always been great over the years, and the overall experience has just been fantastic for so long. There's also a patio in the back that offers an outdoor touch to the great food.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank hipcheckUK

• Polish first
Los Angeles, California
“Fabulous duck meal for Easter”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was my first time at Warsawa and I went with my Polish American friends for Easter dinner. We had made reservations (recommended) and had an excellent server named Carolina. I went with what my friends and Carolina recommended for appetizers (wonderful pierogi being one of them),and we thoroughly enjoyed our duck dinner. The only other kind of duck I've had is Peking duck, which I really like, but this was just as delicious! We had to take half of it to go. The desserts were really good too. The inside of the restaurant reminded me of an old house, and it probably was at one time; it's charming. The prices were a little high but fine for a special meal out with friends! I highly recommend this place.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank teachertraveller17
Hollywood
“Very Good!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love the fact it's in an old house decorated with vintage Polish Circus posters... it's like a country inn and smack in the middle of Santa Monica! I love the pierogies... they have a combo plate worth trying. I also order the stuffed pork loin... with apricots or cherries. The salad "platter" is great to share since you get a variety of salads. Good service... from enthusiastic Polish wait staff. Don't worry about parking--- go down the side alley and there's plenty of spaces behind the restaurant.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Ronald J
Columbia, MD
“Decent Polish Food for LA, A Real Hidden Gem….”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Coming from Buffalo, New York where you trip all over Polish food on every corner due to the large Polish history of Buffalo, I was somewhat skeptical of Polish food out in the Los Angeles area. My girlfriend and I were at the beach for the sunset and when we went to look for food, the sushi places right by Ocean Ave, were expensive and had no custom rolls, just standard stuff. We walked aimlessly and when we were driving away we turn down the road Warszawa was down. We had both been dying for good Polish food, so we thought we’d give it a try.

What a delight. A beautiful interior with many rooms for seating, intimate but not stuffy. The service was a little slow, but the food excellent, almost as good as back home in Buffalo. We ordered a round of cheese and potato with onions pierogi. They were good sized. Our main dish we split, the Beef Stroganoff stew, which was very well done in both presentation and taste. It was spread across spätzle too, with a wild mushroom sauce and a healthy portion of vegetables. It was enough for two let alone one, but I was still a bit hungry for the pierogis so we ordered another two rounds a split them. Cheese a potato with onions again and then cabbage and wild mushroom. It saw the gołąbki (stuffed cabbage), our other choice being served to another table and it was two pieces both of very good portion. For dessert we ordered the chardonnay poached pear with berry & vanilla sauce which was truly divine. The sauces were spread across the plate and a fair amount too with four pear slices infused with the chardonnay.

Best part was we had the main course, my girlfriend had a couple glasses of wine, I had some iced tea, three rounds of pierogis and two desserts, one for there and one to go and we got out of there for under $60.00, a value well worth the quality of the food!

For being in the Los Angeles area and not back home, it was a very, very good meal. Only thing was the service was extremely slow, but we were not in a hurry, so we didn’t mind too much.

I recommend this place wholeheartedly.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Field_Master
Los Angeles, California
“Like being back in Poland for the evening”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Can't believe I found excellent Polish food in L.A., but Warszawa was fantastic. Interesting little building, looks like it used to be a house long ago. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. There were 5 of us so we tried 3 types of pierogi: potato, beef, chicken and they were all great. The soup special was a white borscht which was fantastic. The Bigos was perfect and the stuffed cabbage very good. Authentic Polish beer and Honey vodka capped a perfect meal. Can't wait to go back to try other dishes!! Only reason not rated excellent is the lack of parking.

• Visited December 2012