“Essential stop off !”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Pleasanton, California
“Essential stop off !”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

You have to visit Patrick's for breakfast as part of any trip to LA. From the guy who sorts your parking, to the manager giving you a personal greeting, everyone here is set on giving you a great start to your day.
The food is fantastic, the decor entertaining and the staff are cheerful and attentive. One complaint is that everyone in America cremates bacon. I asked for it "soft" and actually used the words "almost raw" but it still arrived ready to shatter and burnt to a crisp. I would love to have the option of eating my bacon European style, but so far only iHop have that sorted and iHop is a one to Patrick's 10/10.

• Visited April 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Charming little roadhouse, great feed”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Looking for a spot to stop and grab a bit to eat, I asked some locals who pointed me in the direction of Patrick's. What a delightful place - food was great and the cafe's style and theme was very honest and fun.

Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Good food, Fun place”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Had breakfast here today and it was excellent. Great funky decor with lots of cool history artifacts. Be sure to try the various hash's. Prices were ok for Malibu. Worth the drive.

• Visited February 2013
Ontario's Near North, Canada
“Tons of Character at this great spot near the water!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We learned about Patrick's on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. It's a 5 minute drive from the Santa Monica pier and a world away from the typical tourist experience there. My wife, two teens and I went there recently for a great dinner and a wonderful time. We went for dinner one evening in late December. It was a chilly night and my wife started with a Mexican hot chocolate ($3.95 and excellent) and had the fish and chips ($15.95) as her main dish. My son ordered the bacon burger and fries ($9.95) and my daughter enjoyed the all day breakfast menu and ordered bacon and eggs with toast ($9.95). As Patrick's is not licensed, they let you BYOB and I walked to the nearby liquor store where I picked up a Kona Longboard beer. I ordered the Triple-D featured Dijon plum burger with chili/lime french fries. For dessert my son and I split (again featured on Triple-D) a monster slice of banana creme pie.

All of the food was excellent. Our server (I wish I remembered her name) was bubbly and very helpful. The final bill, with taxes, before tip, was $68.07. The walls are packed with Hollywood, nautical and military memorabilia. When you are waiting for your food, walk around and see all the cool stuff!

• Visited December 2012
London
“Terminated by the Terminator breakfast”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We, party of 5, visited Patrick's Roadhouse on New Year's Day for brunch. We received a very walk welcome from the owners and were taken to a table at the back of the restaurant, but not any ordinary table, Arnie's table! We ordered 5 breakfasts, ranging from egg & bacons to steak & eggs and The Terminator - quite possibly the biggest breakfast I've ever had! We all enjoyed the breakfast, the quality of food was good. The service was slow. It took 45 minutes for breakfast to arrive, who his ok if you're not in a rush, but its understandable given the size of the kitchen. Overall, we really enjoyed our brunch and we will return on our next time in LA.