“Stop reading and get here!”
Review of Rae's Restaurant

Rae's Restaurant
Ranked #127 of 719 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

My favorite breakfast place since the 70's. Always a must-do when coming home to Santa Monica.

Come hungry. I always get the Hobo Breakfast, but I have to surrender before I can finish, unlike back in my younger days.

Cash only, be prepared.

1  Thank Antony K

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I read about this place in The Rough Guide.
If you are not American (as we are not) this is a great place to see a real American diner. It's not luxurious, just good food served simply.
My wife insisted we sit at the bar and it was a great experience in every way as the coffee cups were refilled. The food was really good and just what we wanted from such a place with pancakes and eggs over easy.
It is worth making a detour for.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Loved this place. The 2 +2 +2 deal is perfect. All the food here is good. Breakfast wonderful start to the day and the staff are friendly and quick. Thanks. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Where else in LA can you get breakfast for under $10? Yummy, diner style food. Not necessarily healthiest options but good.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

The vibe at Rae's is amazing. It feels as if nothing has changed since the early 1950's in this throwback diner. My boyfriend had the star dish in the waffles. They were fantastic. Everything else (my eggs, bacon, potatoes and biscuit) were average at best and left me feeling a bit off all day. The prices here are unbeatable but it's good to know that it's "cash only" before you go.