“Awesome”

Neighborhood: Santa Monica
New Haven, Connecticut
“Awesome”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Simply put, this place is awesome. The only reason it gets a four instead of a five is because its prices are a little too high. As such, it's a place I can only afford as a special treat. Other than that, I highly recommend it.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Colin T

• Turkish first
Glendale, California
“Get the "bbq chicken" wings!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Im NOT a vegan, love my filet mignon and walked into this place with no expectations at all...

Turns out I was very pleased with the variety, flavor, and the fact that I forgot I was having veggies!!! Yes and get the bbq chicken wings, I dream about them sometimes...soo good...
And you can go to the karaoke bar across the street after with your friends.

• Visited October 2012
Clarence, New York
“You Almost Forget Your'e Eating Veggies!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I will gladly admit that I am proud, self-proclaimed carnivore.

Provide me with a juicy filet mignon, give a large pile of slow-smoked pulled pork, or a big pile of chicken wings - and I am one happy dude!

However, I also enjoy most any well-crafted entree, and I have a soft-spot in my heart for vegan and vegetarian food (which is also good for my heart!). Which is why I absolutely love the Veggie Grill!

This is some of the most creative and tasty non-meat cuisine that I have ever tasted. The Veggie Grill is a cafeteria-style, straightforward place - not pretentious, and has some limited outside seating. Also, the service and courteousness by the staff was fantastic.

After a quick scan of the menu, my wife and I ordered a "Santa Fe Crispy Chickin'" sandwich, a sample of Grilled Veggie-Steak, and some Buffalo Wings. - we were not disappointed! The portions are generous, the flavors all savory, and the textures very authentic and true to the beast that the dish attempts to emulate (proud, self-proclaimed carnivore, remember?) And - those Buffalo Wings - absolutely fabulous! And - as I am also a Proud, Self-Proclamed Buffalonian, I am a bit of an authority on good Buffalo Wings!

Can't wait to try more on their menu!

• Visited September 2012