“Great Tour”

A Taste of Santa Monica by Destination Food Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: You will be taken on a three hour adventure starting with how Santa Monica was established, all the ways Santa Monica has changed over the years, and of course all of the great things that Santa Monica has to offer today. You will sit down and relax with an interesting mix of people while you enjoy distinctive food and wine from some of Santa Monica's unique restaurants and shops. Tourists and locals alike will benefit from Destination Food Tour's knowledgeable suggestions for activities, restaurants, shopping and nightlife. Take this tour at the beginning of your visit; then go out and explore all the great places that may otherwise go unseen.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I took this tour with some friends of mine who live in Los Angeles. I learned a lot about the history and enjoyed six different restaurants along the way. Chris was an extremely informative guide and gave us great recommendations about what to see and what to do while I was visiting.

3  Thank Alex890

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Jam packed with history of the area, appreciation for the physical city as you walk through it, and surprisingly fabulous nooks and crannies of great food, this tour made for one of the best afternoons I have had in a long, long time. And Annie, our leader, is one of the nicest human beings you will ever meet. I highly recommend this tour for both locals and visitors alike!

2  Thank R0bE12
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I found this on-line and suggested it to my husband. He went with my idea, and we had a good time meeting new people and learning about places we would have never found on our own. I enjoyed MAKE as well. I was one of the few that liked the raw cuisine. The gelato was over the top good. My husband's favorite! Annie was a wonderful hostess; she was knowledgeable, passionate about her business, and organized. If you have the time, give this a try.

1  Thank cheryle k k
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My wife and I were in charge of entertaining my parents and their friends on a recent weekday and came across the food tour. Our tour guide Annie was great, and the tour is definately recommended. The food was unique, tasty, and pleasing. Everyone had a great time

1  Thank trey d
See more reviews
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We booked this tour as a part of our end of Q1 celebration for our employees. This event appealed to us for a few reasons: 1) we would get to go out and enjoy the lovely springtime weather, 2) we would get a little history and education about Santa Monica, 3) We would get lots of great FOOD! It turned out to be a lovely afternoon. Annie was fantastic and all of the restaurants we went to were phenomenal (some we wouldn't have chosen ourselves). This was the perfect event for those who want to do something a little different in Santa Monica. I would definitely recommend this to others.

1  Thank Aubrey D