“Great Mexican Food`”
Review of Mercado

Mercado
Reserve with OpenTable
Mercado is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 691 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cross street: Santa Moinca
Los Angeles, California
“Great Mexican Food`”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

As one who likes to try all the latest and greatest in food fare, and believe me there is no shortage in Los Angeles, this restaurant was a welcome surprise. we started out with the chips and guacamole and while you really cannot mess up guac, this guac was taken to a whole new level. the chips were thick and crispy too. a perfect start. next we had the small plates skirt steak which was heaven, fish tacos and scallops and were equally impressed and did not know when to stop eating. we did not make it to the desert, however the flan looked amazing. the margaritas and beer were great as well. definitely not a quiet scene and reservations are necessary. As it is located in the heart of Santa Monica, parking is awful, but worth it at least to try this new gem.

• Visited April 2013

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Best Mexican I have ever had!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I have to say wow! I knew nothing about this place but liked the look of it from the outside - industrial rustic vibe, so rallied the family and we are here last night.
My husband and I had the blood orange margaritas, fantastic! It was a drink special I think.
We then started with the guacamole and a queso with mushrooms and spinach (it came with Chorizo but my daughter didn't want it, so opted for the dip without) BOTH exceptional... I could eat more, more, more!
We ordered the chopped salad to share, absolutely divine, I want my own next time we go back!
For dinner we both had the Carne Asada and it was fantastic! It's served in one piece over grilled shucked corn with guacamole and grilled spring onions and I got a side of the cilantro rice which I also want more of!
My son had the shrimp tacos which he said were incredible.
We were so full! We wanted the flan because we read reviews on yelp while we were seated and it seems people are crazy for it, but we just couldn't eat more. We will return no doubt! Maybe even today, that's how much Im willing to say BEST inspired imaginative MEXICAN ever!!

• Visited April 2013
APO
“Fun vibe, good guac, come for happy hr”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Loud music but otherwise good fUn. Great service. Shrimp, tuna, pork small plates were very good. Lots of fried options but plenty for everyone. Great margaritas. I liked the rosehip margarita best.

Vancouver, Canada
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The reviews of this place were quite positive and in fact the vibe at the restaurant is great. Some dishes were really wonderful (the kale salad and the ceviche). However, my complaint is that so many dishes were overly-battered when deep fried. I have no problem with deep frying. I do have a problem when you cannot tell what the actual item of food you're eating is under all the batter. We had the seasonal squash blossoms to start, stuffed with cheese. I've had these before elsewhere and generally the batter should be very light. However, here the squash blossoms came out looking like corn dogs at a fair. Then, we ordered fish tacos - there was very little to no fish in the tacos. Instead, there was again a deep fried-looking "fish" but we couldn't find any fish actually in the dish. Really, it was very disappointing as there is no need to be so heavy handed with the batter. I would not return.

Visited March 2013
Elora, Canada
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

What a find! This place has outstanding Mexican food. We started with the guar and the cheese dip. Both were too good! We ate so much we struggled to finish our entrees which were equally impressive. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited March 2013