“Fantastic!”
Review of Tar and Roses

Tar and Roses
Reserve with OpenTable
Tar and Roses is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 705 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: SE Corner of 6th Street
Description: Centered around a wood burning oven, Tar & Roses serves up farmers market dishes with global influences.
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed the whole evening. My husband and I had the fried snapper for two and could not stop raving about it. Our daughter had the duck and loved it! We went on Sunday evening and going back again Tuesday evening.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I really love this restaurant. The food is superb, the atmosphere unique and lovely, and the service is excellent. Give it a try, and don't forget to order the bone marrow and/or the brussell sprouts. DIVINE!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Had a great dinner here with some friends while we were staying at the Loews Santa Monica. I had seen a lot of reviews about this place, and decided to give it a shot last minute through the hotel concierge. Somehow, still not sure how…a party of 5 was able to sneak in at 630 on a friday. I wasn't going to question it, and we showed up ready to eat. Really fantastic dinner! 5 guys who normally eat at steak houses, couldn't get enough of the food at Tar & Roses. We ended up getting the fried snapper to put in the middle of the table and basically had one of everything on the menu beyond that. We definitely didn't have a bad dish, and I would recommend this to anyone staying in or near Santa Monica.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

On our recent visit, we tried many touted places in Santa Monica and Venice. This one was only one that I will return to. Fun sharing plates, all executed well, without being overly "hipterish" in concept. The night we were there the owner/exec chef was expediting--a good thing to see in such a noted place! Put this one on your list, you won't regret it.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I, personally, enjoy a menu that allows you to both share and try
new things without a huge commitment.

The place has a great atmosphere that lends itself to the sharing nature if the place.

You will enjoy a fantastic menu with great service.

I suggest making a reservation.

Go..you will like it!