“Absolute HEAVEN!”

Ranked #21 of 682 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Description: High end sushi. Has 4 locations.
Tucson
“Absolute HEAVEN!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Truly one of the very best experiences ever! From the moment you enter, you just know this is going to be special! The menu offers you mostly 3 choices, so just go for the best, the cost is negligible, $10 difference. The meal is served with precision and every bite is totally the best you have ever eaten, ever enjoyed, it needs nothing! And everything is very melt in your mouth delicious! I wish I could eat here every day! We only discovered this place when we were departing, but we will be back very soon! Oh Sugarfish! Thank you! You are what dreams are made of! I highly recommend this restaurant...YES INDEED!!!!! Best sushi ever!!!!

Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
“Trust me,she said!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Being a lifetime resident of Vancouver Island and working on many commercial fishing boats growing up, I can safely say I know a thing or two about fresh fish.
Upon arrival Sugar Fish did not seem to be very busy, we were seated right away. After a review of the menu it was clear they serve their sushi a little different here. Our serve insisted to trust her, so we did. Before we knew it the restaurant was filling up quickly, mostly regulars by the looks of it. The food arrived in a reasonable time, one after the other, as it's not all severed at the same time. Plate after plate the food was fresh and delicious, we ended up ordering the "Trust Me" a second time. Two orders stuffed two veteran sushi eaters.

Middle East
“Fresh Fresh and delicious!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Best sushi place in our trip!
Food: Menu is small but contains all types of fish. Torro (Fatty Tuna) and yellowtail rolls are a must order!
Ambiance: Simple and cozy
Price: $$ (Very reasonable compared to the quality and taste. Also, the fact that gratuity is included makes it much easier on us)

1 Thank Moni011
Los Angeles, California
“Awesome food, dodgy service...”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Fantastic sushi. The way they encourage you to select one of their packages is different and really works well.

Service was not great. The maitre d or host was really good but the servers were all young and not particularly well trained in my opinion. Plates with each round of food were just quickly banged down on the table as they rushed off to their next table. Couple of times my plates were left hanging over the edge of the table as the previous plates hadn't been removed.

5 star food and 2 star service but I will definitely try it again. If I get the same service again I would not go back though.

• Visited November 2013
Saratoga, California
“Best sushi”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Real sushi and fresh !! Fish is so fresh that its just melt in your mouth. This restaurant is not for children and does not accept reservation. My family came back twice for the same week during our stay in Santa Monica.

Visited June 2013