“Best Sushi I've ever had”

SUGARFISH by sushi nozawa
Ranked #21 of 682 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Description: High end sushi. Has 4 locations.
Sydney, Australia
“Best Sushi I've ever had”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I think in the last year I've been there something like 20 times and I don't even live in the United States...
Whenever I go to Santa Monica for work, my first stop is here.
There is very little words can say about it... try it and see :)

• Visited November 2012

texas
“Best Sushi around”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was some of the best sushi I have ever eaten. Different places have different styles. Some are drizzled in sauce, fried, or just have really great cold fish. This place has great cold fish with little sauce and warm rice.

Visited November 2012
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Some of the best Sushi I've eaten”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Don't choose yourself, let the chef choose for you and you'll get the freshest, tastiest, most succulent sushi you've had in Southern California. The only thing to do is go there and try for yourself....!

Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“Really very good but not worth the wait or the prices”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had really good sushi here. There is no denying that. But since (like many restaurants in Santa Monica) they do not take restaurants, I question if it is worth the wait. There are many good sushi restaurants all over the country now. Do you really need to wait and wait for a table in a terribly crowded restaurant with staff who are not very good at their basic role of service? I thought my waitress had never poured a glass of beer before as the head foamed right out of the glass onto the floor while I watched. We also had the feeling that the manager and waitress were hurrying us out as soon as the food was served so that they could turn our table over. We ordered the Nozawa, which is on the menu for $39 plus 16% gratuity added. It was delicious but not a lot of food for the price. And, I didn't understand why the rolls had cold seafood mixed in with warm rice. They were not enjoyable. Not sure I would want to go back when there are other places to try.

• Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Melt in your mouth sushi”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Everything is fabulous: Decor, size, service, and the food. Do yourself a favor and order the Nozawa. WOW! The salmon was seriously melt in your mouth...but so was the tuna, albacore, scallop, toro, red snapper,blue crab...need to say it again: WOW. Worth the wait. If you go on a weekend, show up with your whole party because you won't get seated until everyone shows. No reservations. Come hungry and enjoy. We can't wait to go back

• Visited October 2012