“Sunday Brunch”
Review of Brick & Mortar

Brick & Mortar
Reserve with OpenTable
Brick & Mortar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #203 of 678 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Came here on the recommendation of our concierge at the viceroy. He rang them and they placed our name down so that we didn't have as much of a wait when we got there. Although they don't do reservations this definitely helped. We had bottomless mimosas, these were only $15 each and they always came to refill the glass way before it became empty. There was a bloody mary bar which looked incredible. It's a shame neither of us liked bloody marys. There's a buffet style station which you can put celery, garlic, olives, donuts, cookies, sausages and all sorts of other stuff in your drink. I felt like getting one just to fill up my glass with snacks! We had chicken club sandwiches. These were amazing! Very pleased with the food and drink options. Could have stayed for ages enjoying the atmosphere as lots of people watching to do and music to enjoy. Amazing place and would definitely come back.

• Visited July 2014

Richmond, Virginia
“Great vacation dinner.”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

While visiting my daughter and granddaughter, we went at happy hour. The waitress was attentive and helped make great choices.go and try the chicken entree..delicious and our appetizers of brussel sprouts.french fries,not to mention cocktails,were awesome! !! We will return!

• Visited June 2014
Santa Monica, California
“Disappoited”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We went for an early dinner, or at least we thought we were. It was almost 8 pm and the waitress gave us the happy hour menu, which is very limited in dining options. We only realized this was happy hour menu after a week when looking at the restaurants online menu.
The waitstaff never once asked us if we would like to see another menu.

We had the pizza with goat cheese and prosciutto. The pizza crust was bland and after only 20 minutes became so hard we could not cut it. The prosciutto was cut so thin I could hardly taste the saltiness. Not good.
We ordered the kale salad to compliment the pizza and it was huge mound of chopped kale with a few apricots and a tangy vinaigrette. Okay but not memorable.

Servers disappeared.
The bar scene was hopping inside and loud.
Good wine and nice size goblet.

• Visited May 2014
Mammoth Lakes, California
“Brunch was excellent”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

I went for the first time on Sunday to meet some friends for brunch. Upon walking in I was a bit confused as I know how popular brunch in SM is and there were a few people outside and only one table inside. My friends and I sat down around 10:30am ordered our food casually and chatted. Slowly the place started to fill up and we began to increase the volume of our voices. At noon the place was completely filled up and there was only standing room and a huge wait outside, but never did we feel rushed. Our server was outstanding. My friends drank bottomless mimosas and never once were their glasses empty. My water was always refilled as well. Even though they were completely packed the service never faltered! The food was delicious! Great job Brick and Mortar! I look forward to returning

San Francisco, California
“YUM YUM YUM”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I went here with my friend when her mom was in town. GREAT FOOD! The atmosphere was a little on the younger, louder side and the food was superb. HAPPY HOUR is the way to go - we arrived right as it was ending and were able to order the cheese and meat plates as appetizers. They were SOOOOOOO good - the cheese came with like 4 different and then some jams/dates/spreads/fruits and two types of bread. The meat plate was similar and came with 4ish types of meats and some mustard/pickles/etc. and bread. They were fantastic paired together!!

Drinks we got:
- The Raspberry Margarita: SO GOOD - a little spicy and yum
- The other margarita: BOMB as well - it has a splash of pineapple and uses the same slightly spicy tequila
- Mortar Mule: their take on the Moscow Mule - it has basil and is super refreshing - definitely enjoyed this one!

As for entrees the short rib is the way to go!! It was absolutely fantastic. We also got the mushroom pizza which was good but I have honestly had better pizza in LA. The baked brie is also yummy - a little on the sweeter side.

Would definitely go here again! It is a little pricy though.

• Visited February 2014