Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,103 results
All reviews pool area glass of champagne ocean view upon check la area valet parking ocean avenue venice beach los angeles casa del mar lance concierge bj hip block vibe pier
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The reason for my mid level review is there were too many little issues, that just hindered our stay. We stayed over Christmas & NY.
Location is great, close to the shops, restaurants and the beach. Hotel is modern and boutique style, a little tired in places. The room was comfortable, sound proofing was not great, you can hear everything! Beds were small and water pressure in the shower was not good, plus the plug didn't work, so no bath for the kids.
As for the pool.. TINY... looks so much bigger in the pictures, I wouldn't want to be there in the summer, I can image it would be like a can or sardines!
Service was generally great, restaurant and bar staff went above and beyond, reception and concierge, not so much. When we checked in we were offered champagne, but it never arrived, were told we had qualified for an upgrade, but that didn't happen either. When I enquired about the morning yoga sessions that were advertised I was told they weren't running this week. Also when looking for deals from the concierge, we were told she could get us discounts at Universal and for a Lakers game, turned out that was not the case and we got them cheaper booking ourselves online.
We had a great stay and the location was great, but as I said, lots of silly little issues.

Room tip: Sea view is lovely, but you will be on the main road, so be prepared for road noise.
Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Over priced and under delivered. Staff were helpful but the hotel generally is a dump. Rooms are small, and the arrival area is so disappointing that it sets the scene for a miserable stay. If I were to add any positives it would be that that staff were very helpful and accommodating

Trip type: Traveled with family
DeepakVSM, General Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Greetings 270seanp,

I appreciate your feedback here on TripAdvisor, as it provides us with an opportunity to grow and improve. Our aim is to provide our guests with unique and welcoming experience and I truly apologize for the arrival experience as we undergo our enhancement project. I would like to thank you for the compliments towards our staff, they will be delighted that in spite of your arrival experience, they were able to leave a positive impression on your stay.

I hope that this experience has not deterred you from giving us another opportunity, we would like to welcome you back so that you may have the full Viceroy Santa Monica Experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed for one night but were only informed the hotel was undergoing renovations on arrival (we got the email telling us the day we checked out!) the room was nice enough and high enough not to hear the renovation work. But we were unable to use the pool, bar or restaurant areas during our stay. The staff were apologetic but would have been advantageous to know about the work prior to booking. We would have chosen elsewhere. For the price paid and no faculties to use - a discount should have been offered.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Good evening Clifford H.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us at Viceroy Santa Monica. We apologize for delay in communication as we are working on ensuring guests are informed of our enhancement project ahead of time and we fell short in this instance. We hope that this experience has not dissuaded you from giving us another opportunity. We would love to welcome you back so that you may experience the new pool, restaurant and bar once our project is completed. Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or a member of our front office management team, we would love to welcome you back with a great upgrade to enjoy as well.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It's a great location. The beach is easily accessible. I wish I could say we had an enjoyable stay but it wasn't. We were moved to 3 different rooms. The AC/Heat in one room was just unbearable. We had a horrible night of sleep. The hotel is under renovations so it's a bit tricky navigating entrances and exits. We didn't want to cause a fuss but we were extremely frustrated with the responses from the front desk.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Greetings malvar442264,

I appreciate your feedback here on TripAdvisor, as it provides us with an opportunity to grow and improve. I truly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your time with us. The number one aspect of an impeccable stay is to be able to comfortably rest, and we have fallen short in this respect during your visit with us. I am discouraged as you mentioned your frustration regarding the responses from the front desk, and would like to touch base further. Please be encouraged to reach out to myself, or a member of our management team so that we may prevent your experience from being repeated.

While we undergo our enhancement project, I can understand the confusion it can cause trying to navigate the property while we improve it. We hope that this experience has not dissuaded you from giving us another opportunity. We would love to welcome you back so that you may get the full experience once our project is completed and we enter the next chapter in our hotel's story.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Yes, third time at this property and still loving it! The staff from valet to bell service to front desk to housekeeping are all very service oriented. Only drawback this time was not able to be upgraded even though I am a GHA Black member. This is probably due to my need to have connecting rooms and Hotel probably do not have available higher tier room for connecting rooms.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good evening walter_tan2003,

We appreciate you taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you coming back and appreciating the hard work our staff puts in to make the guest experience pleasurable. We value all of our Discovery members and work diligently to provide our guests with the best rooms possible, given requests and preferences we will always do our best to accommodate. We are limited in higher tier connecting rooms as you suspected. Typical we will try to prioritize what our guests would prefer, in the future we will ensure to communicate this on future stays so if you prefer the upgraded room instead we can arrange as such, we love to give you options.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself, or a member of my Front Office Management team to assist as we are more than happy to assist. We hope to welcome you back!

Warm Regards,