Viceroy Santa Monica
Travelodge by Wyndham Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$219
$332
$299
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $333/night.

Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$199
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $250/night.

Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$259
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $340/night.

$312
$279
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $326/night.

$520
$450
$395
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $503/night.

$341
$263
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $317/night.

Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$329
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $525/night.

1,751 results
All reviewspool areaglass of champagnehip hotelocean viewupon checklocation is greatlobby barshort walk to the beachocean avela areavenice beachmain streetvalet parkinglos angelescasa del marconciergeblock
Reviewed November 4, 2013

As a surprise for my sister's turning 60, I thought the perfect place to stay for our Santa Monica get-away would be the Viceroy. The reviews on this site were mostly positive and the "professional" photos looked fab. However, I was utterly disgusted! I should have taken a known while seating next to another guest checking in w/ a 150 pound Mastiff dog, that something was not as advertised.

I paid $490.00 for a double, ocean view room, and for that premium I was not expecting to walk into clone of a Holiday Inn Room. The room smelled of a combination of dirty pet, smoke, old carpet and mold. The TV cabinet had some gross and white all over the front of it, the "balcony" was simply an fancy guard rail in front of the sliding glass doors.

I called down to the front desk and requested another room, in the mean time, the maid came and sprayed something (air freshener) under the beds. Unfortunately, the management could not come up w/ an acceptable replacement room (they did show me one other room w/ one bed on the back side of the hotel, which was just as dingy), and since this get-away was a gift to my sister, an expensive gift, so I chose to not stay and requested a refund.

Six years ago I stayed here and I loved it, but obviously the last years of party going, dog loving patrons has definitely taken it's toll.

One positive: Andrew the Bellman. He was fabulous...fabulous!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tlssantabarbara
Matt S, Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

tlssantabarbara,
Thank you for coming back to see us and for choosing to celebrate and occasion as special as your sisters birthday with us. We are truly sorry for the fact that we did not exceed your expectations during your arrival. While we are a dog friendly hotel we do limit these visitors to a pet friendly floor. We will be debuting a new room product at the end of this year which we hope you will find reminds you of what you loved about the hotel 6 years ago. I would consider it a privilege if you would contact me personally at 310-260-7506 so I may have the opportunity to discuss your experience further. Again we thank you for the opportunity.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here a few times over the years. Was fresh, on its toes and a younger alternative to the occasionally rather staid 5 stars dotted around LA. Sadly, seems to be going downhill - the rooms are getting tired and the service is definitely slapdash now. There seems to be more emphasis on catering for the "sub Kardashian" wannabe Nikki Beach crowd who wander in to use the lounge/terrace than to offering full-service hotel lodging to the discerning traveler.

Come on Viceroy, you did a great job for a while - but this is now a weak spot in your portfolio - sort it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Upupandaway68,
Thank you for joining us over multiple visits over the last few years and for coming back to see us on this recent visit. We are very sorry to learn however that this recent visit did not match the experiences from stays past. While we are the oldest hotel in the Viceroy portfolio at 12 years old we aim to provide a consistently unique experience. Nothing is more important to us than our guests especially our loyal guests. We are debuting a newly refreshed room product at the end of this year and hope we'll have the opportunity for you to experience this on your next visit to Santa Monica.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Overall a comfortable hotel but lacking the sparkle that I would expect from such an expensive place. The hotel has a good bar and is a trendy place to be for drinks but the room was fairly average and the service was mixed - sometimes excellent and sometimes quite unfriendly. The "partial ocean view" that my room had was quite disappointing - I couldn't see much of the ocean at all!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Alex F,
We thank you for choosing Viceroy and for sharing your feedback. This is essential for us as we do not accept our guests having mediocre experiences. We are sorry that we did not exceed your expectations during your visit. We are exceptionally disappointed that you did not feel the service was outstanding as this is what we pride ourselves in most. We thank you for the opportunity to welcome you and appreciate you sharing your experience.

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I love the decor, the food, location and rooms if this gorgeous piece of heaven in Santa Monica . Going to the bar I almost felt like one if the beautiful people! La at its best. Within walking distance to shopping strip but also cool vegan places and yoga centre of Santa Monica .
I will be back

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

fionayoga,
Thank you very much for joining us and we are delighted to hear that you'll be back to see us soon. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel. You are right that Santa Monica is a one of a kind destination and a yoga lovers paradise. We'll keep a mat waiting for you for Sunday poolside yoga next time you're with us.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Blew our minds. From when we first arrived to drinks by the pool everything was thought of. Also had a great meal. The menu was not normal yet the chef was outstanding. We had apps, three small plates and two large plates. My wife and I didn't finish everything but the variety was so interesting we had to try it all. It is an experience! 5 stars.

• Stayed: October 2013

CJJacks,
What better compliment could we receive than that. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to blow your minds. We also appreciate that you joined us in Cast and had an outstanding experience. Though there are many fabulous restaurants in Santa Monica many guests overlook that Cast and Chef DiSalvo offer one of the best and creative culinary experiences in town. We're glad you enjoyed.