“Stunning”

Viceroy Santa Monica
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I love the decor, the food, location and rooms if this gorgeous piece of heaven in Santa Monica . Going to the bar I almost felt like one if the beautiful people! La at its best. Within walking distance to shopping strip but also cool vegan places and yoga centre of Santa Monica .
I will be back

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Matt S, Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

fionayoga,
Thank you very much for joining us and we are delighted to hear that you'll be back to see us soon. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel. You are right that Santa Monica is a one of a kind destination and a yoga lovers paradise. We'll keep a mat waiting for you for Sunday poolside yoga next time you're with us.

There are newer reviews for Viceroy Santa Monica

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Blew our minds. From when we first arrived to drinks by the pool everything was thought of. Also had a great meal. The menu was not normal yet the chef was outstanding. We had apps, three small plates and two large plates. My wife and I didn't finish everything but the variety was so interesting we had to try it all. It is an experience! 5 stars.

CJJacks,
What better compliment could we receive than that. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to blow your minds. We also appreciate that you joined us in Cast and had an outstanding experience. Though there are many fabulous restaurants in Santa Monica many guests overlook that Cast and Chef DiSalvo offer one of the best and creative culinary experiences in town. We're glad you enjoyed.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I wouldve liked this hotel if I would've gone on vacation, but for business it is way too "trendy", with dark hallways. There's a martini bar in the lobby which you have to go through to get to the elevators and pool area, and all the bellboys look like they belong in an Abercrombie catalogue.
rooms are bright, but small.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Laura V,
We appreciate you choosing to join us at Viceroy. We strive to provide and enjoyable experience for both our business and our vacation travelers though we're sorry to hear we didn't met your expectations on this visit. While you do have the option of access the elevators and pool from our Cameo Bar we do also have the option of accessing through our lobby. Our bellman do also thank you for the ego boost in your description of them. Thanks again for joining us.

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Overall I really enjoyed my stay. The rooms are a bit small and location is not that ideal. Definitely a great scene for 25 to 35-year-old. This is more of a Hollywood type hotel than a Santa Monica beach town hotel, but very good looking scene and had a great time.

• Stayed: June 2013

kdowney53,
Thank you for joining us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are very happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your experience especially the eye candy. We consider ourselves to have many facets and while we do have an active night scene we also take pride in the more subdued offerings during the day. We hope to have you back to experience all of our sides. Until then.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed at the Viceroy while doing some business in Santa Monica and I cannot say enough good things! We were greeted at the door by the nicest guy, Andrew, who grabbed us champagne and got our bags while we checked in. He was the bets most helpful hotel employee I have ever come across. he checked in periodically throughout the evening, being just the right amount of attentive without being too attentive. This was true of every employee there, in fact! And the place was incredible, absolutely beautiful throughout bar, lobby, room, pool and amazingly close to everything. best hotel stay ever!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Pamela B,
We are honored to be considered your best hotel stay ever. We know that traveling for business can be difficult so to learn that Andrew was able to make the experience one of enjoyment is fantastic. We are so pleased to learn how much you enjoyed yourself and appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to welcome you. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I'm a NYC resident and frequent business traveler who owns a company headquartered in Santa Monica, and therefore am very familiar with the area. I'd always appreciated the Viceroy's lobby/bar/poolside atmosphere but had never stayed here before as a guest. I'd always stayed closer to the actual beach, at Loews or Shutters. My impression is that the Viceroy does not live up to its similarly-priced competition. Upon arrival, I wasted my first hour dealing with three inconveniences: the valet called to tell me they had lost my car key, the TV didn't work, and -- most distressingly -- the room had an overwhelming dusty odor emanating from the AC vent. Engineering had to replace the filter, and admitted that it "smelled pretty bad." I called management to request a room change but regrettably all similar accommodations were booked. Mngmt was courteous and professional but seemed to care less about the amount of time I had wasted dealing with problems that rank this hotel a far cry from luxurious. Recommendation to management: make concessions to customers with legitimate grievances (room smells), or, better yet, deliver a more flawless, relaxing guest experience.

1  Thank Jared_S_F

Jared_S_F,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Viceroy and for sharing your experience. We appreciate that you have enjoyed yourself in our bar and public areas though we are very disappointed to hear that your rooms experience did not exceed expectations. While we are sorry for the inconveniences you experienced we assure you that these are not in line with our high expectations. We are committed to delivering a flawless relaxing guest experience and hope we'll have the opportunity for a second chance again in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Having never been to the West Coast, and especially being on my honeymoon (last night of), I wanted to make sure that my wife and I had a memorable night. Driving down the coast from Los Olivos we stopped to look into hotels. We saw The Viceroy and gave a call.....on a whim especially being a Friday night. We booked a non-ocean view room and headed to Santa Monica. The price was perfect and in hindsight for the memories had....it was a steal! Greeted at Guest Services by Hector, he informed us that he upgraded our room and even handed us each a glass of champagne!!! Can anyone say "über hospitality"?????? Awesome guy!

We strolled to the beach and then to the infamous Santa Monica Pier. This all within a simple stroll one block down the street! Location=Awesome!!!!

Went to dinner at Cast which is located in the hotel! One of the best meals I've had in many years! Our server Antonio was a pro! Good wine, delicious food and an excellent environment!!! The oysters ROCK!!!

Yes....this was my honeymoon and the last night of it.....but my stay at The Viceroy with my wife (first and only) was the absolute perfect ending to the greatest week and a half OF MY LIFE! Being from New York and not a fan of flying.....I would've died happy if anything happened!

I highly recommend to any and all!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
Matt S, Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

ToastyCat,
First allow us to congratulate you and your new bride. We are so fortunate that what was a a whim of a visit turned out to be such a special night for both of you. Thank you for allowing us to join you in celebrating such a special occasion. We're glad that Hector and Antonio made such an impression. Thank you also for joining us in Cast restaurant. We take great pride in our food and beverage operations and like hearing that you had such a wonderful meal. The oysters certainly do rock. We again truly appreciate the opportunity to host you during your stay.