I come to LA once a month. I usually stay at the Casa which is an excellent (albeit more reverential, stately) hotel on the beach, but The Viceroy was a real wake up call this trip, reminding me how a hotel stay should be.
It sounds maybe silly but walking through the lobby or returning to the valet and having everyone welcome you by name, does make you feel at home.
It's a very trendy hotel. (Philippe Starck-like decor) but very friendly. Not too pretentious. Fab pool area. Hip bar. The dinning room is a bit cold (atmosphere-wise for breakfast) ie the marble tops really need cloth table mats to take the edge off china and glass running up against marble. But the staff are attentive.
My main gripe would be the ridiculously modest amount of wardrobe space. Huge room, but tiny wardrobe. And few draws etc. No reason for it bar poor design. Because the room was big. Being a bloke I am not that bothered leaving clothes in my suit case but if I was with my wife, she would want more space to hang clothes, etc.
I'll be back. It's not on the beach but it's a stones throw away. And it's close to all the shops on the 3rd St. Prominade.
You have to go to Asia to find similar, attentive service. Great hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban retreat at the shore - British impressions- with bold current perspectives. Business friendly- yet vacation ready- and just steps from the Santa Monica pier- beaches- shopping- dinning and nightlife. Each of the 162 guestrooms and suites offer ocean- pool- or palm views. Mascioni linens and bathrobes- custom beds with down comforters and pillows. Body and hair care products Aromatherapy Associates. In room spa services available- marble baths with seated vanities and soaking tubs- sitting areas- and fully stocked mini bars. In room entertainment centers feature 40 in flat screen tv- full cable access and movies- music- and video games- high-speed wireless Internet access- two-line telephones with speaker and private voicemail as well as media hubs. And dataports for modem/fax hookup - Viceroy also offers video check-out with e-mail reciept. A complete fitness center- 2 outdoor heated pools with private cabanas. Cameo bar- reunion dining at Cast- 24-hour room service- dry cleaning and laundry service- full-service concierge- choice of daily newspaper- and a 1300 sq foot meeting room with private patio overlooking the pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Viceroy Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica
- Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica