“Outstanding in customer service”

Viceroy Santa Monica
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Ok, the pool area is very attractive but small. Construction complete with jack hammers and cranes right next door - not peaceful.
Lobby very attractive and smelled fresh/flowery every day.
Concierge very attractive and accommodating. He went so far as to warm up restaurant left-overs in their kitchen and deliver to my room!
Valet service - friendly, speedy and superb.
Check-in & out quick and easy with friendly staff.
Room was small but attractively decorated, Bathroom very nice as well - all marble with seat in shower and vanity. Bed not as comfy as I had hoped; mattress hard and pillows too soft.
Don't bother paying extra fee for partial ocean view; it was not worth it - ocean was barely visable from 3rd floor room. Either pay the extra and request high floor or stay pool side and save $$$.
Great location. Across the street from beach but a lot of traffic noise. Couple blocks from pier.
Exterior of building not appealing but interior decor makes up for it.
Housekeeping very respectful - did not bang on your door at 8am.
All in all a nice stay.

Room Tip: high floor for view
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mlconger
Matt S, Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

mlconger,
First allow me to thank you for a very thorough review. We are happy to see we ticked most of the boxes on your list and that overall you had a nice stay. Glad also to see that the service you encountered throughout the hotel had the biggest impact on your experience. Thank you for joining us.

Matt Shough, Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,637)

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have come to accept that even decent customer service is a thing of the past. Not at the Viceroy. Attentive, friendly and professional staff as well as beautiful, comfortable and well maintained amenities make for the best hotel experience I have had in a long time. I even spent 1 day sick in bed and felt right a home in a my large comfy king with advil brought right to my door. I highly recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Matt S, Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

basel555,
Thank you for such a wonderful endorsement. Happy to see we could play a part in restoring your faith in customer service. As you can imagine service is what we are most proud of at our property and we are happy to see that you recognized this. We are sorry to hear that you were ill during your stay and hope we can welcome you back again soon when you are well enough to really enjoy your stay.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights recently at the Viceroy Santa Monica on a pleasure trip. From reservations, check-in, quality of room, service and food it was outstanding. Great location made it easy to walk around Santa Monica area. Definite great choice in places to stay in the LA area. Staff was truly happy e were there and wanted us to have a great experience, which we did.

Tom B,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience us. We are glad to hear it was an excellent one for both you and your wife. Ensuring our guests have a great experience is the reason our staff is here so yes they definitely were happy that you did.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I recently went to the LA area for our babymoon. We selected the Viceroy because of its location close to the beach and its modern style. We were very pleased with the service at this hotel. Upon our arrival we were served champagne (lemondae for me). There was a nice handwritten and personal note in our room with a plate of fresh fruit. The conceirge went above and beyond helping us find several restaurants that would fit my dietary needs. The parking is valet only, but with a quick text message, our car was ready in five minutes and the valets were very friendly and always offering to help with directions. The amenities at the hotel were very nice and the service was excellent. I would stay there again on our next trip to the LA area.

Nicole A,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your babymoon. As many of us know this celebration can be even more anticipated than a honeymoon. We are thrilled that you feel the staff gave you the pampering that new parents deserve. We can't wait to welcome you back maybe next time with the little on in tow.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Great service. Amazing decor. Pool was great. I stayed here with my fiance' and we had a great time. Everything from the check-in to the sun at the pool was great. We ate down the street at BOA which is just about walkable. One of my favorite hotels.

Room Tip: We had an Ocean view, I'm not sure if all of the rooms have one but obviously it is preferred.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

JW1311,
We are so happy to hear of the wonderful experience that you and your fiance' had with us. Glad that you were able to both enjoy your time at the hotel and were able to walk and explore the rest of the city. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you both back soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I travel all over the world and I truely enjoy and appreciate this type of Hotel Business Model. They know we are tired of the cookie cutter establishments. I have stayed at both Shutters and Casa Del Mar and they just don't get their clientel but the Viceroy uses just enough chic and class to make you feel special and important. I echo other commenters they have nice clean room (comfortable bed), great bathrooms, and provide top notch service. Example when you call guest services they greet you by your name. Requested a wakup call they actually call you and wake you up! No robots and then they said do you want a rewake up call in 15 or 20 min!!! When we checked in they talked to us asked us about our travels and really cared then they asked me what I wanted to do and made suggestions on what I could do and then set it up!! Real people really giving superior customer service.

MOJO_Haysi.
Thank you for your review and your appreciation of our business model. We do strive to be the furthest thing from a cookie cutter hotel and we're happy to hear you enjoy this. Thank you for also recognizing our staff. They do truly care about our guests and I know it means a lot to them to hear how special and important they made you feel. Thanks for sharing this.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I always stay at the Viceroy Santa Monica on business. It makes work become pleasure and I don't feel the jetlag. Thumbs up! Rooms are large and service absolutely perfect. Great atmosphere at the bar and patio! The restaurant is also very good and not too pricey. I recommend Viceroy over any other hotel experience on the ocean between LAX and .... San Francisco.

Room Tip: Ocean view or patio upper floors
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

stephane l,
Merci beaucoup for always choosing us during your travels. If we are able to make work a pleasure then we're definitely doing something right. Thank you for sharing you experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on many more visits.