My wife and I had a stopover in Los Angeles on our way back to Australia from a skiing trip in the states and decided to stay at the Viceroy Santa Monica in early Feb 2013. This was our first trip to LA and as we did not want to see the typical tourist things or amusements at Anaheim we decided to stay in the Santa Monica area. This turned out to be the right decision. First of all the Viceroy Santa Monica location is great. Just a block away from the beach and walking distance to a number of fine eating places. However location only makes up a small part of a great holiday. Service is what makes it memorable and the service we received at the Viceroy was first class. On arrival the staff at reception were very friendly and helpful. The staff member helping us with our bags to our room was also great. Later when we asked for recommendations to eat that night the staff were able to provide great advice and assistance. On our departure the staff were able to assist us with our taxi back to the airport even though there were many people departing at the same time also needing taxi's and valet service due to a function being held at the Viceroy.Throughout our entire stay we were treated with genuine smiles and a feeling that we mattered as guests. The only minor negative was the noise from a construction site next door which effected the atmosphere of sitting in the pool area during the day, however I have no hesitation in recommending the Viceroy Santa Monica and would look forward to staying there again when next in LA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban retreat at the shore - British impressions- with bold current perspectives. Business friendly- yet vacation ready- and just steps from the Santa Monica pier- beaches- shopping- dinning and nightlife. Each of the 162 guestrooms and suites offer ocean- pool- or palm views. Mascioni linens and bathrobes- custom beds with down comforters and pillows. Body and hair care products Aromatherapy Associates. In room spa services available- marble baths with seated vanities and soaking tubs- sitting areas- and fully stocked mini bars. In room entertainment centers feature 40 in flat screen tv- full cable access and movies- music- and video games- high-speed wireless Internet access- two-line telephones with speaker and private voicemail as well as media hubs. And dataports for modem/fax hookup - Viceroy also offers video check-out with e-mail reciept. A complete fitness center- 2 outdoor heated pools with private cabanas. Cameo bar- reunion dining at Cast- 24-hour room service- dry cleaning and laundry service- full-service concierge- choice of daily newspaper- and a 1300 sq foot meeting room with private patio overlooking the pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Viceroy Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica
- Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica