Viceroy Santa Monica
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$232
$209
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $249/night.

$199
ComfortInn
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$299
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $347/night.

$342
$308
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $342/night.

Travelodge by Wyndham Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$219
$572
$377
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $511/night.

$400
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $537/night.

$465
$263
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $324/night.

The Ambrose(Santa Monica)
$259
$246
The Ambrose
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $321/night.

Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$389
$369
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $600/night.

1,748 results
All reviewspool areaglass of champagnehip hotelocean viewupon checklocation is greatlobby barshort walk to the beachocean avela areavenice beachmain streetvalet parkinglos angelescasa del marconciergeblock
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I loved this hotel. The vibe is warm and lively. The rooms are spacious and about to be renovated. They clean and retro looking right now. This is not my favorite decor but I loved the room. The bathroom was big as was the shower. The bath products the hotel supplies are lovely.
Room service is prompt and the staff is accommodating and friendly. The bar is well stocked and the drinks are professional made to perfection. The concierge, I believe his name is James, made us dinner reservations and I liked his suggestions.

I would recommend this hotel...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
laboy70, Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words! I love that you have singled out James, as he is a great asset to the hotel. We love hearing about it time and time again!

We hope to have you with us again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Fantastic! valet parking on arrival, super fast check in with ice cool drinks provided. the room was a dream... modern décor, Lovely clean bathroom with fab bathroom products provided. The whole hotel is beautiful. The beach and pier is just a short stroll away. The evening meal was very good, and the breakfast was huge! We only stayed the one night to travel to L.A.X the next morning, hope to return for longer next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AngelinaWakefield

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. Please try to stay a little longer next time you are away from Jolly Ol England!

Cheers!

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed again at Viceroy following previously staying for the last night of my honeymoon a few years ago. I don't think I could stay here without guaranteeing an ocean view room. You cannot beat watching the sunset over the pacific with a cocktail from your room at Viceroy. The rooms at Viceroy are very comfortable and have such a brilliant, quirky, individual style with it's colour pallette of grey and green. I think they describe it as "colonial". Among the best rooms I've ever stayed design-wise. Bathrooms are marble and huge. Dining at Whist is a great experience with its oversived white leather upright chairs at table around the pool outside. The food was OK this time, but previously it was excellent. Its great to have breakfast here too. The bar was very busy, I think the hotel perhaps had a conference, as it was full of irritating corporate types. Cocktails are excellent. Service throughout the hotel is very good. Very friendly reception. At my last stay they were happy to let us use a room in the evening to freshen up before our flight, after checking out of the hotel at midday. It does take a while to get used to valet parking, especially when used to parking yourself and not having lots of staff rush up to your car, but this is LA and thats what happens here! Shame it also costs!! The hotel is just across the road from Santa Monica beach, a short 5-10 minute walk to the pier and 10-15 minutes to Santa Monica itself. Abbott Kinney Boulevard in Venice is a 10 min taxi ride away. Or walk up the beach to Venice and via the canals! Go! I can't wait for my next stay!!

Room Tip: Ocean View!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian G

Thank you so much for the kind words! You covered it all. We hope that we can welcome you back once again in the not too distant future!

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Last year we stayed at the Casa Del Mar across the street (great property!) and this year I wanted something different so we stayed at the Viceroy. While the exterior looks dated, the interior is a designer's dream with its funky black and white decor. It's only too bad it rained the entire time we were here.

We arrived at 11:30 a.m. on a weekday morning and the front desk did whatever they could to be able to check us in -- including upgrading us to a suite which was very unexpected. The room had a nice water view and was well appointed. They even gave us free Internet with the suite.

We had breakfast in the restaurant each morning and it was wonderful with a very nice staff. They had a great choice of breakfast items including even quinoa and poached eggs with spinach and squash that was amazing!

My only complaint is that on the Saturday we stayed, we left our room at 8:30 a.m. and returned at about 4 p.m. only to find the room had not been serviced. When we called down we were told that we should not have left our "Privacy Please" sign on the door (which we didn't but everyone we talked to automatically assumed we did which was very annoying) and then we were given an excuse that the hotel was sold out the night before so they were backed up which is not a good excuse to give -- I work in the hotel industry and you don't tell people that. We had then wanted to relax a bit and shower before going to dinner so we asked them to please make up the room between 6 and 9 which they did, but I don't think we should have had to ask twice for them to do that (after I called down I also stopped at the front desk to make sure they would do it while we were out to dinner as I didn't want to have to be complaining again and asking for my room to be made up at 10 at night -- particularly since a wedding was taking place and there were people everywhere).

Due to the wedding, it got pretty noisy at 2 a.m. in the hallways with drunken celebrants, but that was really the only negative. Unfortunately when you are in a hotel on a Saturday night, weddings are pretty commonplace and is where the hotel makes their money.

The valet parking guys were great. You called down and your car was waiting before you got down in the elevator. Since it was raining we couldn't enjoy the pool or the outside seating, but it looked really nice. Would highly recommend the hotel -- but the area surrounding it in Santa Monica is a little dicey if you go walking after dark. Take your car.

Only other complaint was that the a/c unit in the room went on and off literally every 2 minutes so it kept waking me up all night long. Not sure why it didn't keep the room cooler longer than that as I had never seen anything like that.

Room Tip: Go oceanview!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled you gave us a try. I am sorry to hear about the AC issue and the dealyed housekeeping. I will certainly remind the team about how to deliver a message better. We do always appreciate when guests let us know of a preferred time to clean the room so we can make sure it is done before your return.

Please reach out on your next trip to Santa Monica so I may personally oversee your reservations.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Took advantage of a referral and stayed here rather than my usual! Super fantastic everything. Location! Service! Accommodation! Definitely recommend staying here and I will be back soon. The staff were so amazing! Glass of bubbly waiting with chocolates at reception for my arrival, need I say more???????

Room Tip: Ocean view over the 4th floor please!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tami2x3

Thank you and please thank your friend for send you our way! We live off of word of mouth!
Have a great Holiday Season!
Regards,