I planned a girls' weekend at the Viceroy and this is my second time staying at the Viceroy ( I also had a wonderful experience the first time I stayed there). From the moment we checked in until our checkout, the hotel staff was extremely attentive and helpful. Little things like giving us magazines poolside when we forgot to bring reading material, or having cabs ready for us when we were ready to go to dinner, made all the difference. James the concierge was a pleasure to work with and helped us plan where to go out/eat etc.
The hotel decor is ecclectic and modern, and the cabanas by the poolside are a great way to spend a beautiful Saturday afternoon. The waitstaff by the pool was excellent, always bringing us little tastes of different smoothies the kitchen had made or providing us with sunscreen when we misplaced ours. None of the attitude you expect from a trendy LA hotel.
We also had dinner at the hotel (20% discount for hotel guests) and the food was delicious. They sat us outside in a large round table (there were 11 of us) and with the DJ in the background, it was perfect. You don't even have to leave the hotel for a fun night...the bar and pool are great places to enjoy a warm LA night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban retreat at the shore - British impressions- with bold current perspectives. Business friendly- yet vacation ready- and just steps from the Santa Monica pier- beaches- shopping- dinning and nightlife. Each of the 162 guestrooms and suites offer ocean- pool- or palm views. Mascioni linens and bathrobes- custom beds with down comforters and pillows. Body and hair care products Aromatherapy Associates. In room spa services available- marble baths with seated vanities and soaking tubs- sitting areas- and fully stocked mini bars. In room entertainment centers feature 40 in flat screen tv- full cable access and movies- music- and video games- high-speed wireless Internet access- two-line telephones with speaker and private voicemail as well as media hubs. And dataports for modem/fax hookup - Viceroy also offers video check-out with e-mail reciept. A complete fitness center- 2 outdoor heated pools with private cabanas. Cameo bar- reunion dining at Cast- 24-hour room service- dry cleaning and laundry service- full-service concierge- choice of daily newspaper- and a 1300 sq foot meeting room with private patio overlooking the pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Viceroy Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica
- Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica