I was married on 3/23 in Palm Desert and before returning to St. Louis my bride and I stayed at the Viceroy for a Sunday night on our own away from all of our families that traveled to California to celebrate our big day. The weather was a bit stormy in Santa Monica, but our service at the Viceroy made up for the rain.
First off, when we walked in a model shoot was occurring in the lobby. After moving past the shoot, we made it to check in and were greeted warmly. As we were making conversation with the gentleman at the front desk I mentioned that we had just been married 2 days earlier. We were promptly given Champagne while being checked in. We had already reserved an ocean view room, but were upgraded to a suite on the top floor. At this point we were already extremely happy with our hotel choice.
Later in the evening after getting ready to go out for dinner, we heard a knock at the door and a desert plate was delivered to our room compliments of the hotel. Three different deserts that were all fantastic.
The room was beautiful. A huge bathroom, comfy robes and a comfortable bed. The sun even came out for a few hours right before sunset. That gave us the view that we were hoping to see of the ocean.. As mentioned before, we stayed on a Sunday night, so there was no loud music at night, so sleeping was easy.
It was too cool to be at the pool, but the area looks really cool. Another model shoot was going on the morning before we left.
The location is great. The people are great. The rooms are great. Staying here was a great end to a perfect weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban retreat at the shore - British impressions- with bold current perspectives. Business friendly- yet vacation ready- and just steps from the Santa Monica pier- beaches- shopping- dinning and nightlife. Each of the 162 guestrooms and suites offer ocean- pool- or palm views. Mascioni linens and bathrobes- custom beds with down comforters and pillows. Body and hair care products Aromatherapy Associates. In room spa services available- marble baths with seated vanities and soaking tubs- sitting areas- and fully stocked mini bars. In room entertainment centers feature 40 in flat screen tv- full cable access and movies- music- and video games- high-speed wireless Internet access- two-line telephones with speaker and private voicemail as well as media hubs. And dataports for modem/fax hookup - Viceroy also offers video check-out with e-mail reciept. A complete fitness center- 2 outdoor heated pools with private cabanas. Cameo bar- reunion dining at Cast- 24-hour room service- dry cleaning and laundry service- full-service concierge- choice of daily newspaper- and a 1300 sq foot meeting room with private patio overlooking the pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Viceroy Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica
- Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica