Viceroy Santa Monica
$479
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$189
$679
$579
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$249
$822
$515
$560
  • Pool
Shutters on the Beach(Santa Monica)
$778
$740
1,708 results
All reviewspool areaglass of champagnehip hotelocean viewbeautiful hotellocation is greatupon checklobby barshort walk to the beachocean avela areamain streetvalet parkingvenice beachcasa del marlos angelesconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Very nice hotel just a couple of blocks from the beach. Remodel of an old 60's or so hotel into the now trendy 'retro' look and feel. Overall, solid experience if a bit pricey - but you are in SoCal hot spot and pay for the location more than the amenities of the property.

In-hotel restaurant - Whist - is very good...and made even more recognizable by the fact that the chef was on Top Chef.

Adjacent to Shutters and Casa del Mar hotels...so if you can't or don't want to stay at those two, Viceroy is a good choice.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
laboy70, Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Jhmvis-
Thank you for your review. Yes we are very proud of Chris Crary our Chef de Cuisine who was recently on Top Chef aka "Malibu". As the Fan Favorite he is getting more and mroe noticed lately. Please come stay and dine with us again soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2012

This is my first time staying at this hotel. I selected it after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. I normally stay in Beverly Hills but this time selected The Viceroy in Santa Monica and I was not disappointed. When I arrived after 18 hours I flying, I was offered an ice old drink while I was checking in. I was given a lower room facing the Gazebos. I never heard any outside noise at all.

The hotel is a few minutes walk to Main St shopping and also 2 mins to Venice Beach and the Boardwalk.

The staff from the Check-in to Doormen to Room Service were fantastic and couldn't be more helpful.

The only downside is that the walls and ceiling in my room were paper thin. I could hear every conversation (including both sides of a phone conversation) in the room next to me. I could hear the people walking around (and doing other things) in the room above mine. This did bother me a bit. I mentioned this when checking out and was just given a "shoulder shrug".

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is well soundproofed.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
laboy70, Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Yonkers_au-
Thank you for the wonderful review full of praise. I am so happy your family enjoyed themselves. The team loved having you with us and especially your daughter who was posing for the pictures!

Please come see us again!

Reviewed March 9, 2012

This was my second time staying at the Viceroy while on a business trip and once again it was a wonderful experience. The service is outstanding from the moment you arrive, to check-in, to room service. My room was well appointed and comfortable, the food was excellent and I had all the amenities I require for business travel. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

KathinK-
Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback about your stay. We look forward to your THIRD stay with us. Please let me know whent that time approaches and I will look after your booking personally!

Reviewed March 7, 2012

This was the third time I have stayed at The Viceroy since it first opened. I had been thinking of trying somewhere new but am so glad I didn't. I was worried it may have become a bit tired with age. Not the case. The staff are a high point. As is the service. It's all class. Look no further!

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Melissa8699
Reviewed March 6, 2012

viceroy hotel in santa monica is an overestimated hotel
ghood for youg californians for cocktails
rooms nothing special
service without hearth
money too much
stay away

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Ondina2009-
Albeit you stayed here back in July of 2011, I do feel that you must have had an isolated experience. As you may see from the many posts on this site, we have guests that feel we have wonderful service and a very special hotel. I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy your stay.