This hotel is seriously plush and the decor is both unique and beautiful. Like nothing I've ever seen in the US. Our room was equally gorgeous - but I was glad it was on the fifth floor because the hotel has a nightclub on the ground floor which attracts lots of glitzy/glamourous people (so, not a seedy club) but it GOES OFF between the hours of midnight and 5am! We could hear a tiny bit of partying going on but not enough to keep us awake. The next day however, when we were down enjoying the most spectacularly delicious brunch (treat yourself - it's soooo worth it!) there was a couple there saying that they were lodging a formal complaint because they had not slept a wink because of the partying. They were a young couple and had been given a night at the hotel as a gift by their inlaws so that they could have a rest after recently having their first baby so they were doubly upset! So, on that basis - ask to stay on one of the higher floors (5 and up) and if you can wangle it, get a ocean view. The hotel grounds - pool and cocktail bar area are just divine and I would recommend it to people. PS. 'Whist' is a great local restaurant overlooking the ocean... enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban retreat at the shore - British impressions- with bold current perspectives. Business friendly- yet vacation ready- and just steps from the Santa Monica pier- beaches- shopping- dinning and nightlife. Each of the 162 guestrooms and suites offer ocean- pool- or palm views. Mascioni linens and bathrobes- custom beds with down comforters and pillows. Body and hair care products Aromatherapy Associates. In room spa services available- marble baths with seated vanities and soaking tubs- sitting areas- and fully stocked mini bars. In room entertainment centers feature 40 in flat screen tv- full cable access and movies- music- and video games- high-speed wireless Internet access- two-line telephones with speaker and private voicemail as well as media hubs. And dataports for modem/fax hookup - Viceroy also offers video check-out with e-mail reciept. A complete fitness center- 2 outdoor heated pools with private cabanas. Cameo bar- reunion dining at Cast- 24-hour room service- dry cleaning and laundry service- full-service concierge- choice of daily newspaper- and a 1300 sq foot meeting room with private patio overlooking the pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with JackRabbit Systems, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Viceroy Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica
- Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica