I have recently returned from staying in Santa Monica at the Viceroy Hotel over the Holiday period and spent 6 nights there.
As on my previous 4 visits, the hotel really lived up to my expectations and standards.
From checking in procedures, through room standards, decor, restaurant and bar service and ambiance, I cannot contemplate staying somewhere else whenever I visit Santa Monica either for business or for pleasure.
The staff are personable, helpful and attentive to the maximum level of need and nothing is ever too much trouble for any of them.
I wish we had this level of staff training in the UK. The staff have the knack of always being there for you without the stuffiness of more exclusive- or more expensive- hotels, are really friendly and approachable without being too familiar. As far as the staffing goes,it's perfect.
Good menus for all tastes in the Whist Restaurant and talented chefs.
The bar is buzzy, chic and fun but not overly noisy and is a great meeting place.
The hotel suits singles, couples and families alike. As a lone woman, I feel very comfortable and safe here.
I also love the decor. I first visited this hotel before it became a management chain. It seems to be growing and I would love to visit other hotels in the group--but that would mean that I would be missing out on time I could be spending at this one.
I am already planning my next visit. I really can't wait! I am a photographer who is constantly travelling and staying in lovely hotels but a stay in the Viceroy feels like coming home.
Ms S. Fontaine, London
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban retreat at the shore - British impressions- with bold current perspectives. Business friendly- yet vacation ready- and just steps from the Santa Monica pier- beaches- shopping- dinning and nightlife. Each of the 162 guestrooms and suites offer ocean- pool- or palm views. Mascioni linens and bathrobes- custom beds with down comforters and pillows. Body and hair care products Aromatherapy Associates. In room spa services available- marble baths with seated vanities and soaking tubs- sitting areas- and fully stocked mini bars. In room entertainment centers feature 40 in flat screen tv- full cable access and movies- music- and video games- high-speed wireless Internet access- two-line telephones with speaker and private voicemail as well as media hubs. And dataports for modem/fax hookup - Viceroy also offers video check-out with e-mail reciept. A complete fitness center- 2 outdoor heated pools with private cabanas. Cameo bar- reunion dining at Cast- 24-hour room service- dry cleaning and laundry service- full-service concierge- choice of daily newspaper- and a 1300 sq foot meeting room with private patio overlooking the pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Viceroy Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica
- Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica