Viceroy is a cool place...the decor and vibe is 'urban cool'. The hotel is a little dark at night, and the bar/restaurant is a noisy and 'moody' place... outdoor patio is very inviting... during the day, it is a small plunge pool area..not great for poolside sunning... if you want sun and light, go across the street to the beach.
rooms are large and are in traditional hotel/motel layout but more spacious...very cool design.. a bit over-the-top with Jeff Koons-esque lamps, flock wallpaper patterns and oversized lamps/chairs... white/green/black seems to be the motif... bathrooms are large with step in bathtubs...oversized towels, toiletries and way too many mirrors than necessary...but, the effect is light and airy. Beds are mega-comfy with great TV and wifi...
Overall - this is the coolest hotel in Sta Monica..if you want corporate go across the street to the JW Marriott or Loews which are very nice hotels... or, Shutters if you want attitude and a faux-new england experience (small rooms, and crowded pool - but GREAT restaurant!).
Like the Viceroy - it is the 'versace' hotel of the 2010's...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban retreat at the shore - British impressions- with bold current perspectives. Business friendly- yet vacation ready- and just steps from the Santa Monica pier- beaches- shopping- dinning and nightlife. Each of the 162 guestrooms and suites offer ocean- pool- or palm views. Mascioni linens and bathrobes- custom beds with down comforters and pillows. Body and hair care products Aromatherapy Associates. In room spa services available- marble baths with seated vanities and soaking tubs- sitting areas- and fully stocked mini bars. In room entertainment centers feature 40 in flat screen tv- full cable access and movies- music- and video games- high-speed wireless Internet access- two-line telephones with speaker and private voicemail as well as media hubs. And dataports for modem/fax hookup - Viceroy also offers video check-out with e-mail reciept. A complete fitness center- 2 outdoor heated pools with private cabanas. Cameo bar- reunion dining at Cast- 24-hour room service- dry cleaning and laundry service- full-service concierge- choice of daily newspaper- and a 1300 sq foot meeting room with private patio overlooking the pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, JackRabbit Systems, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Viceroy Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica
- Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica