“Fan-tas-tic”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Bicknell
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Love this place: Boisterous atmosphere, good to excellent pies (the peperoni topped one was so good it didn't even need crushed peppers) and really, really good drinks!

There are newer reviews for Stella Barra Pizzeria

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Stella Rossa serves up a quality gourmet pizza that exceeded my expectations. I had the spinach, kale, radish, and fig salad which was expertly drizzled with vinegarette and sculpted in an attractive presentation. We ordered two pizzas: an Italian sausage ( with fennel) and a shaved mushroom pizza. Both pizzas were delicious!

Stella Rossa combines simple ordinary ingredients to create an extraordinary eating experience. A mushroom pizza sounds simple but this one was far more than the sum of its parts. Sour dough wheat crust, onions, gruyere cheese, mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, and white truffle oil, and spices were combined and cooked by someone who really cares about the result and is passionate about food. The result shows that this food was made with love.

Nice people, great food, great service. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I always used to think lettuce entertain you restaurants are just another chain but this one completely changed my view. They make one of the best thin crusted pizzas i ever had! Mushroom with gruyere cheese, and spinach/ kale pizzas are out ofthis world. If i lived in La, I would not eat pizza anywhere else but this restaurant! Burrata is great too!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I dined with 7 other foodies and I must say that the food is delicious! We started with the oven roasted beets and ricotta, and the burrata. Who knew that wood grilled grapes could be so delicious? The oven artisan pizzas are devine- I shared 3 pizzas - mushroom with gruyere cheese, italian sausage and the margherita - the ultra thin crust took away the guilt, but the flavors were incredible! We ordered all 3 salads and the mizuna lyonnaise and the chopped salads are my favorites. With a bottle of Justin Cabernet, this is a memorable meal and we can't wait to go back. Great service, too!!

1  Thank BasketballMama
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We tried their pizza on their first day of the brunch service. Service was friendly and we got the shaved mushroom pizza and the prosciutto and egg pizza. We loved the mushroom one much better. I think it had a truffle cream and so delicious. The prosciutto one was on the salty side, but what stood out for us was the black pepper on the pizza. The price of their pizza is less than Mozza, larger than Mozza and we liked the crust much better. Their coffee was form Intelligentsia and it was pretty good and very reasonable at $2. We will return soon.