“Yosemite with Active Tours”

Active Tours Day Tours
Ranked #17 of 36 Tours in Santa Monica
More attraction details
Owner description: We at Active Tours strive to get your blood pumping whether you're learning to Surf for the first time, Cycling around Los Angeles, getting vertical Rock Climbing, setting Sail for a sunset cruse or floating high above Temecula's Wineries in a Hot Air Balloon. We offer Active day and multi-day tours around Southern California. We are Southern California's Adventure People.
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We did the Yosemite Fall Hike/Photo tour with Josh and Corey from Active Tours. The guys did a great job with both group and personal instruction on the cameras. They were detail oriented in thier preparations and organization. We took fantastic pictures with pretty basic cameras, really got our photography blood flowing. And Corey is a pretty good cook for a bachelor. Do this tour with the guys and have some great memories.

1  Thank Rosebud1969
There are newer reviews for Active Tours Day Tours

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I did the photo tour which begin with a brilliant day and was complimented by our instructor Josh who made all feel welcome no matter the skill level. My hope was to take away at least one new piece of information to make me a better photographer, I was not disappointed. the great thing about this tour is that Josh and the Canyon were the instructors. With each stop and new situation Josh explained what type of photo we were trying to attain and how we might do that, that alone and his iPad instructions were spot on.
As someone who really wants to do this and continue to get better the basic's are more important than anything else.
Thanks for the great experience!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I did the Topanga Canyon hike and photo class with Josh and Cory this weekend. It was a beautiful setting and the weather was perfect (cool and overcast) when we started out at 9 a.m. Even though I have recently taken several other photo classes and workshops, I still learned a few new things from Josh. Especially, how to use my camera in "Manual" mode. The hike was slightly up-hill but we stopped frequently for a mini-lesson and practice session before continuing on. So, even though I am out of shape, I was able to enjoy the hike. All in all, I'm glad I took this class and I would recommend it to all.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Did a Topanga Canyon hike and photo class with Josh, and had a fantastic experience. The class was small, so I got a lot of one-on-one attention from the instructor. He was incredibly knowledgeable, and always patient with my questions. I also like the way he formatted the class, combining instruction, practical experience, and demonstrating concepts with some of his own work he had brought with him. Overall I had a great time and learned a lot. Thanks, Josh!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I signed up for this hiking/photo tour in Topanga Canyon. We live very close by and we are avid amateur photographers. We had never done this hike before. It was a great opportunity to try something new in our backyard. We had a great time and learned some great photography tips from Josh. We both felt that we would like to do another hike with him in the future.