“I've never eaten so healthier and enjoyed it”
Review of True Food Kitchen

True Food Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 713 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Food in California is great and this is a really good food, healthy eating restaurant for romance to families. The menu is unusual but accessible to the everyday person. The beetroot and banana smoothie is excellent.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,040)

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Discovered True Food Kitchen while on vacation in Newport Beach and loved the experience so much that we were sure to track down the Santa Monica location later on during our trip. I'm all about eating healthy, and it's great that basically everything on the menu is a safe bet. There is a huge variety, and everything I've tried has been very tasty. I usually go with family and friends, so we've ordered a bunch of appetizers and entrees to be able to try a little bit of everything. It's rare that all members of our party are able to agree on a restaurant, but this is one exception....we couldn't get enough. As a vegetarian, there are plenty of options to keep things interesting. The servers we had were all very friendly and helpful. Be sure to check out the drink menu as they have quite a few interesting fresh juice combinations (still haven't tried them all). My only complaint is that I can only enjoy TFK when on vacation in Southern California, but I hope they will eventually open up more locations throughout the country. Definitely a winner in my book!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

It's a true testament to the quality of eating establishments in Santa Monica that True Food Kitchen isn't rated #1 in Santa Monica, because in any other area it would beat anything by a country mile.

To understand how much I love eating here you have to appreciate that I was willing on a stopover on my way back to Australia from Las Vegas to pay $50 each way in a cab just so I could eat dinner here before jumping on my 14 hour flight home.

The food is absolutely delicious, the atmosphere fresh and funky and the service spot on.

If you visit Santa Monica without eating here, I pity you because you've truly missed out.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

If you subscribe to the philosphy that quality and freshness outweigh massive quantities, this is the place to eat. Flavor bursting red chile shrimp is great.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Food that becomes health-conscious yet delicious, sensible and artistically prepared, courtesy of Dr. Andrew Weil, a leader in holistic health. Whole grains, organic, sustainable, grass-fed animals, gluten-free, the whole natural health and wellness movement embodied in one restaurant. Yet it's done with mischievous can't-believe-they-could-do-that-organic and actually make it fun! Red Chili Shrimp comes with Noodles! Albacore Sliders! Turkey Burgers! Butternut Squash Pizza! Steak & Avocado Street Tacos! Panang Curry! My favorite way to cool down is with the Honey Lemonade. Upscale, but fairly priced for the unconverted consumer. Nice, some of the healthiest bodies ever with the comely and attractive staff.