“Very popular, very tasty and very good!”
Review of True Food Kitchen

True Food Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
True Food Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 694 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We ate a dinner and a lunch here and both times the food was delicious. The evenings can be busy and they won’t take booking so be prepared to wait. However they have a large drinks menu so waiting can be lovely! The service was excellent our waitress at dinner must have been a MENSA student as she memorised our order and there were no mistakes. Our lunch was more relaxed and in the sunshine whilst also being roasted by a patio heater. The food and service was to the same high standard. A comment about most of the restaurants in Santa Monica is that they all love these Patio/street heaters which seems odd as I think they are the worst culprits(after cows!) for greenhouse gasses and general global warming. So maybe not such green credentials for California.

There are newer reviews for True Food Kitchen

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had a very healthy lunch that was so delicious . We sat outside and had, carrot, apple and ginger juice. Wonderful humus and pita and acury broth and a bison burger. Followed by a delicious chocolate cake with vanilla icecream.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Unusual menu items. Health conscious. Nice patio area. Friendly staff. Within easy walking distance to my hotel.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I love True Food Kitchen. I've been about 10 times and I still love it!

Ambiance: So clean and open and inviting. Everything seems fresh and new.

Service: Servers are nice and are great about offering suggestions. They are friendly and welcoming. I've never had a problem.

Food: I haven't had anything I don't like here. Some of my favorites:

* Pan Seared Sea Bass
* Grilled Steelhead Salmon
* Winter Ingredient Salad
* Teriyaki Rice Bowl
* Shaved Turkey Sandwich (my husband's favorite)
* Sweet Potato Hash

Not too fond of the drinks...Hangover RX and Cucumber Refresher (?) are nothing special. Too sweet in my opinion.

Parking: TFK used to validate for the valet parking but they recently stopped doing that. So some weekends, when the weather is nice and we know that parking will be a minimum, we avoid TFK. Sad but that's the reality in LA!

Prices: This place isn't cheap but I'm willing to pay for quality and this place? It's quality.

Bottom Line: One of my favorites and I don't give a lot of 5 star ratings.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

This place is just opposite the Shore Hotel and at the very beginning of the 3rd Street promenade. Parking's available in the same building. Super convenient.
They serve soups, salads, pizzas/flatbread, fish and chicken in a very contemporary setting. A must is to try their blended juices. We tried the mushroom pizza (very fresh and not greasy at all), the Zucchini pasta and the chicken with caranberry and farro (tender and crisp). All in all a very enjoyable meal in an airy and tranquil atmosphere. Recommend this to anyone out to find a healthy option and still get the ambeince of a nice restaurant.