3,335 results
All reviews privacy screen glass wall the santa monica pier blue taco great location garden view modern hotel partial ocean view pool and hot tub street promenade glass of champagne ocean front upon check valet parking randall marilyn hip
Reviewed April 27, 2016

The hotel has a great location to the beach, restaurants and shopping. I thought it was rather expensive for what you get - okay room and okay service. Hotel has a modern decor and a small pool. Excellent Mexican restaurant next door.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Nicole B
Christina M, Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2016

Dear NicoleB,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel. I wanted to mention that our rates are competitive to the other hotels in the area. Please let me know when you will be in the Santa Monica area again as I would love to work on a "return guest" rate for you. Again, I understand you have a choice when traveling and wanted to thank you for choosing Shore Hotel.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

This place is a very nice facility....; but there are a few problems we ran into including:

valet only parking!!! mandatory valet at $40 a day - I would rather park myself, especially since the parking deck is usually half empty

room is full of mini bar items scattered all over the place - this slows down check in as they have to send someone up to inventory the items to make sure the maids have not misplaced any of it *** they say they are doing a "final inspection" of the room while you wait in the lobby...

there is a guy or a group that stand outside every morning about 6:30am with a bullhorn that wakes everyone up - some kind of labor dispute...

Again, the facility is nice

Room tip: all beachfront get a wake up shout about 6:30am that lasts for about 30 minutes
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 98bradleyt

Dear 98bradleyt,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your expectations were not met during your stay at Shore Hotel. At this time
You mentioned that the hotel is in a labor dispute. The demonstrators that disturbed you are not Shore Hotel employees but other hotel members of the Local 11 Union and their organizers. Our employees have the right to vote the union into the hotel if they choose to do so but they have not done so. I wouldn’t presume to speak for the employees but I am sure they would share their opinion of Local 11 if you asked on your next visit. Should you have anymore questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Again, I understand that you have a choice when traveling and wanted to thank you for choosing Shore Hotel.

Reviewed April 23, 2016

clean, friendly, no bar was the only con, small pool but nice to people watch, food was great, quiet, nice fragrance, strong wifi connection resturants and night life in walking distance
server Mike was awesome

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Kim S, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2016

Dear Angela D,

It was a pleasure to have you with us on your visit to Santa Monica. The smell in our lobby was actually chosen by our staff after testing multiple samples so we share your enjoyment in this! I will also pass along your kind words to our server Mike, he is a rock star. Please let us know when you will be in the area again so we can welcome you back!

Kimberly Sheppard
Guest Services Supervisor

Reviewed April 22, 2016

The hotel has a great location and beautiful façade. Rooms are OK ifones ignores the fact that the rooms are mainly a showroom for products they try to sell the guests. No less than 6 different items from candies to clothes and towels. And they are boasting thgeir eco friendly while selling you bottled water from Fiji.
However the worst part comes when you actually try to make use of the hotel services in any category from check in to check out, concierge, to breakfast.These are all slow, inefficient, chaotic, and unreliable. And do not expect them to address them in a timely manner

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Ariel L
Christina M, Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2016

Dear Ariel L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay. Our team works hard to ensure that our guest are provided with 5 diamond customer service. We have already shared your comments with our team and have made improvements. Please feel free to let me know when you will be in the area again as we would like to welcome you back for a second chance. I understand that you have a choice when traveling and wanted to thank you again for choosing Shore Hotel.

Reviewed April 21, 2016

When business takes me to the greater Los Angeles area, I always stay at the Shore Hotel. The staff are excellent and the location can't be beat. You are close to the beach and the Promenade. Shopping, people watching and access to all beach activities. The margaritas at Blue Plate Taco should not be missed!

Room tip: Rooms away from the street are quieter but you give up the view.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Bradley J,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback! The margaritas at Blue Plate Taco are one of our favorites to recommend- Mango is my personal favorite.
We look forward to having you back with us the next time you are in the area whether it is for business or pleasure!

Kimberly Sheppard