3,273 results
All reviews privacy screen glass wall blue taco the santa monica pier great location garden view modern hotel street promenade partial ocean view pool and hot tub glass of champagne ocean front valet parking people watching late check randall ivy
Reviewed April 3, 2016 via mobile

We spent 3 nights here March 22-25, 2016. My husband and I along with our 4 year old son and 9 month old daughter shared a room with 2 double beds. It was very tight once we put the crib in there. The pillows were terribly uncomfortable - for a hotel of this caliber I expected more. Also the food component at the hotel is lacking -- be forewarned. On the plus side there are lots of available options to eat out nearby. The proximity to the Pier and 3rd St Promenade can't be beat.

The bellman who took our bags down and ordered us a cab was exceptional. So sincere and genuine when engaging in conversation with my son, Zach. I wish I had gotten his name. He made my son's day when he gave him a bucket with sunglasses and an apple in the cab as a farewell gesture. Nearly 2 weeks later and my son is still talking about him.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family
Aaron P, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2016

Dear cosmogirl29,

I looked into the bellman that checked you out and it was TC. I will make sure he knows that Zach likes the bucket and sunglasses! I apologize that the room with the two double beds was not a good fit for the family. Let me know when you would like to come back. We are the only property on the beach that offers room types with two Queen Beds (Premier Ocean View and Pool Side categories) I am happy to offer an upgrade on your next reservation for you to try one of these.

Kind Regards,

Aaron Peaslee
Director of Guest Services

Reviewed April 3, 2016

This hotel does not hire union workers. Because of that, hotel workers actively demonstrate every morning at 7:00am and every evening around sunset in order to agitate and disturb the guests. We were sharply awakened by a man with a bull horn right outside of our room every morning at 7:00am. Although I support their right to protest, it is clear that their mission is to agitate the guests in order to get to management.

Knowing this, the Shore Hotel has an ethical and probably a legal responsibility to advise guests who book their most expensive rooms that they will not be able to sleep past 7:00am, nor will they enjoy sitting on their balcony during sunset. This hotel's management/ownership actively chooses to deceive their guests in order to book their most expensive ocean facing rooms.

I did not complain to management during our stay, I know they would have apologized and bent over backwards to accommodate moving us to a quiet room, but that would have negated our desire for an ocean facing room, so I chose to suck it up. But I still feel defrauded because had I known in advance I would not have booked my stay at the Shore Hotel. They know this, and that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission, which is why they choose to defraud their guests.

No doubt management will respond to this review and state that they are unaware of the protester's plans, so I would suggest that they walk out front and ask them. I did, and they told me they will be there every morning and every evening until the hotel acknowledges the rights of union workers. If you believe them (and I do), avoid booking a pool view, ocean view, or partial ocean view room at this hotel until their dispute is resolved.

Other than that I am happy to say that this is a great little hotel in probably the best location in Santa Monica. The parking and valet service is stellar, and it's a super cool room design with a see-through shower (with an automatic privacy blind), plus all of the amenities of a 5-star hotel including room service. It was very clean, felt brand new, and very comfortable. Also the staff is friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: Call Hotel to check status of protests before booking pool or ocean facing room!
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
Cyrille D, Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2016

Dear David L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay in regards to the protesters. I would like to clarify the fact that the protesters are not hotel workers. They do not work at Shore Hotel. None of the people you saw outside are employees from here although they may say differently. They represent Local 11, a hotel union that is trying to unionize the hotel unsuccessfully.

It is true that the protesters don't share their protesting schedule with us. They don't come on a regular basis which makes it difficult to forecast although what they may have stated to you.

If you would like to discuss this matter furthermore, I invite you to email aaronpeaslee@shorehotel.com.

I was happy to see that besides this inconvenience upon which we can't act, our professional and friendly staff was able to create a welcoming experience for you. I hope to welcome you again at Shore Hotel.

Kind regards,
Cyrille Dagregorio
Hotel Management Intern

Reviewed April 3, 2016

Great rooms and location. Very comfortable hotel with easy in and out valet. Pool is extremely small and did not seem to attended by staff. If you are planning to spend any time at the pool I would select a different hotel. Not much of a restaurant but we didn't mind since the area has tons of eating options. Concierge was helpful when she was there, but she doesn't come in until 9:30 am and we were normally gone by then. We tried another time to catch her, but she was at lunch. We enjoyed the hotel, but would probably look into other options first.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Kms_1969,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at Shore Hotel. I appreciate your feedback and will follow up with the concerned teams in this regard.

I hope to welcome you very soon in exciting Santa Monica!

Kind regards,
Cyrille Dagregorio
Hotel Management Intern

Reviewed April 3, 2016

Every single member of the staff is focused on the customer and making sure needs are met! Clean and modern hotel in an excellent location! Definitely worth it. Lots of choices close by for dining out and convenient valet parking.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Christina M, Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2016

Dear 112surajn,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience us. Our team works hard to ensure that our property looks clean and fresh! I understand you have a choice when traveling and would like to thank you for being our guest.
We look forward to your next arrival.

Warm Regards,

Christina Maranon
Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 3, 2016

Came over with the kids on a term break and found this Hotel to be well presented very clean and the reception staff really helpful. As we don't know the area they would get us addresses for shopping centres,Restuarants and anything going in the hotel or out. The rooms are really well kept. The maids do are ally thorough job. Would not say it was the cheapest by any stretch but the place is good. The food is really expensive and for what you get its best you dine out.

Room Tip: Just ask reception and they will deal with any query. The hotel is quiet in the room
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family

Dear Demetris M,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time here at Shore Hotel. Our team works hard to ensure that each of our guest feel at home when visiting. Please let us know when you are needing another getaway as we would love to be your destination of choice when visiting Santa Monica.

Warm Regards,