“Beautiful view, modern hotel with great service.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Shore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Edmonton, Canada
“Beautiful view, modern hotel with great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

What a great view of the Pier and Santa Monica beach, our room was located at the very front of the hotel with a small balcony. The location really can't be beat in my mind, and was very close to the Third Street Promenade.

The room itself was a little smaller than I am accustomed to, but it was clean, well laid out, and modern. There was a glass shower in the bathroom that was exposed to the main bedroom...but there was a powered blind that could be lowered. (had to call front desk to figure it out. lol)

The pool area for this hotel was very nice as well. The pool was heated, a small bar was staffed during the day, and their were IR heaters scattered around the pool deck as well. (it was October)

I only reserved the room on the same day that we were flying into LA, and the staff was great. The reservation girl offered to run to a nearby liquor store for me and grab me a bottle of champagne to put on ice for us.

Overall I think it's a fantastic little romantic getaway place.

Room Tip: Get a suite at the front of the building if you can.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Adam B, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Inspectorfong,

Thank you so kindly for taking the time to review your recent trip here to Santa Monica. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We very much aim to make for a wonderful guest experience in your home away from home. I wanted to thank you again and mention how very much we appreciate your business. I hope we can offer to welcome you back very soon.

Adam Burke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (719)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
El Cajon, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

we booked at the last minute and when we arrived we were upgraded to an oceanfront.
really nice staff and very clean. great beds. nice wine reception late afternoon.
perfect breakfast by the swimming pool.
alex, at the front desk and tony, who helped with our luggage, were both outstanding
with helpfulness and ideas.
would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: our room was 403 and it was perfect. the only downside was the fact that I need a really dark room...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear shirleyvcalifornia,

It was such a pleasure to welcome you to our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your time here, and our friendly staff. I can't say enough how much we appreciate your business. I truly hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Helsingborg, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Very good hotel, just minutes away from santa monica pier. Great sea view from balcony. Nice and helpful staff. Great outdoor pool and hottub. 2 minus for the small room and the poor breakfast. Eating out recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Adam B, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Ragnar T,

Thank you so much for reviewing the hotel during your recent visit. We know you have the option to choose where you stay, and really sincerely appreciate your business. I hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Kensington, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

The term Ocean View Room is a misleading term. Our room had that title however looked at the back of the Ivy restaurant, you had to angle yourself to have an ocean view. Apart from that the service was good and the people overall nice and welcoming. Clean and modern, a nice stay.

Room Tip: Ocean View is actually only partial
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank AussieTravellerFlyin
Dear AussieTravellerFlyin ,

I wanted to reach out and offer my apologies for our miscommunication. I'm happy you otherwise enjoyed your visit. Your business is truly appreciated, and I do very much hope we may offer to welcome you back very soon.

BLOOMFIELD HILLS , MICHIGAN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

My daughter and I booked this hotel last minute on Expedia. The hotel is small and modern. It is centrally located on Ocean Avenue and a short walk to the pier. The room was small but well layed out. We were on the third floor and had an amazing ocean view.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor and ocean view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
      Rooms
Dear lovetotravel0221,

Thank you so much for reviewing your visit with us at the Shore Hotel. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and the view! I truly hope we may offer to welcome you back very soon.

Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

we stayed here for my husbands birthday weekend. Alex couldn't of been more accomodating.
from the moment we checked in, to restaurant suggestions, we had a wonderful weekend. the room was beautiful, the garden was spectacular at night, and hanging out at the pool at night couldn't of been better. location doesn't get any better than this. we will be back!!

Room Tip: beautiful garden and fire pit await the garden view rooms. ocean view rooms not noisy!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Adam B, Guest Servies Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Deborah F,

Thank you for reviewing your recent visit with us at the Shore Hotel. I'm happy to learn you had a good experience with the hotel and were met by friendly staff. Your business is so very much appreciated, and I hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

The staff is incredibly friendly. Aside from that and the great location ...

My room smelled like the restaurant below had stored their garbage in there until a few moments before I checked in. I asked to switch rooms and the new room smelled ten times worse. I was exhausted and simply went back to the first room. Because of the smell I had to sleep with the window open. It was very loud, and hot.

They sell nicer hair dryers at my local gas station.

I got locked out of my room and the new keys they provided didn't work.

They charge $35 (!!!!) for valet but will not let you pull up to the lobby and park your car for you. You have to take a ticket, enter the parking garage, go down a floor and pull up to valet. They park your car a few steps from there. For $35.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Sara K
Dear Sara K,

I wanted to reach out and offer my apologies for the troubles you encountered during your stay. We take comments to heart & this is a way we may look into providing a better experience in some circumstances. We certainly have discussed the troubles that befell you and are looking at ways to address the shortcomings.

With that being said, I would very much like the opportunity to win you back. If your travels are bringing you back to Santa Monica anytime soon please reach out to me. I'd like to offer you a discounted accommodation, upgrade & special amenity. I again thank you for your business, and offer my sincerest apologies for the difficulties encountered during your visit.