“Great hotel and great location”
Review of Shore Hotel

Shore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great hotel and great location”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We tried this hotel for a short holiday. Will definitely return! Perfect location just across from the Santa Monica pier and beach. Close to the Third Street Promenade and shopping. Great restaurants and bars close also. The service was superb, from being greeted by Alex, and everyone else. The closest door in our room was off its hinge when we arrived. We called the desk asking that it be fixed. When we returned a few hours later, not only had the door been fixed, but the maintenance person left a nice note and a chocolate wrench!! What a nice touch!
The rooms were clean, comfortable and functional. Everyone was super!

Green Features: Impressed with the hotel's efforts to be "green".
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank truckee07
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
truckee07,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that your stay with us went so well, that we won a future return! At Shore Hotel, our focus is our guests and we do our very best to ensure that each of our guests are taken care of. I will also share your great praise with my team. Thank you again for being our guests. We hope to see you soon!

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (753)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend. The location was first rate. The room was large and the view of the ocean was fantastic. Since there are two buildings, getting around to the exit near the shopping mall involved a bit of twisting through halls and multiple exits. No big deal and overall everything was wonderful. Tip to travelers: Snack and minibar items are highly overpriced. I asked to have them removed so we would not be charged.

Room Tip: Ocean side!
Green Features: With such an eco-friendly place, I thought that stairs would be easier to use. Just a little disappointed that we had to take an elevator to get down because the stairways were dark and hidden.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Movinup,

It was a pleasure to have you and your husband as our guests! We appreciate the kind feedback regarding your stay with us at Shore Hotel. This means a lot to us as your are a Senior Contributor with Trip Advisor. Please let us know when you are traveling back to the West Coast as I would personally like to invite you back with us. Thank you again for being our guest!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My overall rating of the staff is excellent. Friendly and professional, from the front desk to the maid service. I have to give a shout out to Luis Flores, the night auditor who answered the phone when I first called to verify my booking. He is really the reason I ultimately checked into this hotel. It was early in the am, but he was so professional, helpful and available through email. Checking in was easy, although the 5 min parking pad valet was confusing and not very convenient. For this level of hotel, I would have appreciated at least 15 min. Yes, this is a great location, but more attention can be placed on details. For example, no information in room about breakfast options, or hotel facilities. At check in, I was asked if I wanted a complimentary paper delivered to my room every morning, I said yes, but I never got the paper. Valet Parking on site is very expensive. There are other cheaper options nearby. I had a partial view of ocean, on the 3rd floor, but the location was noisy, music playing well into the night, and below is the center of much activity because of the pool and jacuzzi and it is where breakfast is served. There is no canopy to dull the noise. Because of the hotel design, partial room views are angled to face other rooms. Not very private. I will opt for garden view next time. The green apples and champagne were a lovely touch. The Aveda products were great, as was the bathroom design. The room was lovely, spacious and comfortable. I will probably book again and try the blue plate tacos.

Room Tip: if you want quiet, opt for a garden view, and premier rooms for more privacy on higher floors.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Adam B, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear calvar1,

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to review your stay. I am happy that your booking process was seemless and easy. I do also offer my sincerest apology for the confusion with breakfast info, parking, and the noise you encountered over the pool area.

We train very hard to ensure that all information is provided to you as our guest in an easy manner. This is an on-going training topic, and something we truly strive to exceed your expectations in. I sincerely hope you may reach out to me personally next time your travels bring you to Santa Monica, as I'd like to personally oversee your stay & ensure everything will be perfect.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I spent a week at the Shore hotel and the least I can say is that they know how to welcome you!
Jen at the reception is an angel, probably the sweetest person I have met so far in my trips and I do travel a lot.
The hotel is beautifully located in front of the ocean, it is clean, modern and tastefully decorated without being to obnoxious.
The team is discreet and yet available for your every need, always smiling and after a long trip they just make you forget how tired you are...
I apparently had a problem in my bathroom which I had not noticed, in my absence Karl from the maintenance came to fix it and left me a note with a chocolate... I unfortunately couldn't meet him to thank him so if at the Shore you read my review, please thank him for me.
There is no restaurant in the hotel but they still have a room service where they can get you a meal from the restaurant next door with an excellent and healthy menu. You also have many restaurants around suitable for every taste.
The Shore is also a non smoking property but for the smokers, they have a beautiful and quiet garden at the back of the hotel where you can relax...

I was in room 102 on the ground floor, all rooms have a balcony and I had a terrace with view of the swimming pool and the ocean... It is a bit noisy as guests are passing by the corridor to go to the pool but nothing extremely disturbing unless you plan to spend your whole day in the room.

The hotel is 5 minutes away from the Pier promenade where you can shop or have dinner and 10 minutes away from Venice beach...
Hotel definitely highly recommended!!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear KatsDubai,

Thank you so much for reviewing your recent visit to the Shore. I am so happy to hear the staff were friendly and helpful, and will pass on to each of the colleagues you mentioned. We place a great deal of emphasis towards training our staff to be attentive, thoughtful, and service centered. I further wish to mention how much we truly appreciate your business. I sincerely hope we may be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Los Angeles
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We decided to do a staycation for Memorial day weekend and booked a room at the Shore Hotel. We had been to Blue Plate Tacos before and thought the property held great promise based on the sleek and stylish exterior. Our room, a superior ocean front, was very disappointing. It seemed more motel than boutique hotel. There was also a weird buzzing noise all night long which turned out to be air rushing under our door (a towel at the threshold solved the issue). For us, the interior did not live up to our hopes from the interior. That said, the location is great largely because of the delicious Blue Plate Tacos. Our Ocean Front room was more crowds, cars and food trucks than ocean.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Adam B, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Todd B,

I am truly sorry to hear you did not enjoy your accommodations during your recent visit. We very much try to provide all of our guests with a delightful experience. With that being said, if your travels bring you back to Santa Monica soon, I'd like to offer my personal service to you. If you'd be willing to provide us with another chance I would very much like to personally oversee your stay.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Spent five nights and enjoyed every minute! From the minute we checked in, we were welcomed warmly and quickly. Front desk staff was extremely friendly and professional, as were all staff. Randall was always in the lobby asking how everything was and if there was anything he could help us with. He was extremely accommodating and very professional.

The hotel is sleek and clean, and the shower in our room was amazing. The location is perfect for walking to third street promenade, the pier, and the beach. This is our third summer in Santa Monica but first at this Hotel. By far the best for service and location. Thanks for making our stay so special!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Kris A,

Thank you so kindly for reviewing our hotel during your recent family visit. We truly aim to make service one of our primary goals, and I am happy you had a good experience. I further wanted to mention that your business is so very much appreciated. I hope we may have you back again very soon.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights before returning home to New Zealand. It is in a perfect location - close to the beaches, restaurants and shops. Driving in was a bit of a hassle as there is not much room to park and unload, it was actually a bit confusing. On checking in we were offered a glass of champagne - a very nice touch, but later we found out that we hadn't been told about the full facilities and options of the hotel, which was a bit disappointing.
Our room was lovely overlooking the garden, which was very special but getting to our room was a bit strange as we had to go up and over and then back down. But there was an excellent side entrance that we took for the rest of our stay. Checking out was a breeze, very helpful front desk staff. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
karenko111,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. With your feedback, our team strives to make improvements. I also wanted to apologize that our team did not explain the amenities on site upon arrival. I will use your experience as a training opportunity to prevent this from happening in the future. But I am glad that the rest of your stay went well! I understand that you have a choice when traveling and wanted to thank you for being our guests! We look forward to your next arrival.