“Absolutely loved it!”

Shore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We had originally booked an apartment to stay in which fell through when we arrived. So we stumbled across the shore and fell in love! From the moment we walked in we just loved it. We even booked an extra week! The location is sensational. Close to the pier, restaurants and 3rd street promenade. The rooms are lovely, the pool was great and all the staff from the reception staff to the valets were all amazing, especially TC who always had a smile on his face and was extremely helpful and polite. We will definitely be back : )

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank 3amigoes
Joseph H, Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

3amigoes,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to know after you stumbled across our Hotel that your stay went exceptional. I will pass along your praise to TC knowing he will be thrilled that his smile and helpfulness contributed to outstanding stay. We look forward to your return soon.

Front Office Manger

Write a ReviewReviews (3,026)

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed at The Shore Hotel for the last two nights of our trip. Check in was good .... room clean and still very new but small . We liked it here for the location, staff were friendly and helpful, pool was nice but do think it was a little overpriced plus the $35 a night for parking a bit pricey... We parked in the parking lot over the road for $14 which was fine!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bigboybrims

Bigboybrims,

We appreciate your review and are glad you found our property to be of perfect location. Shore Hotel definitely has all of Santa Monica’s favorites at the foot of our door step. Thank you for choosing Shore Hotel and please join us again soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great experience everytime I go to the Shore Hotel! The staff and property are first class! The location of the hotel is perfect for couples and family. The pool location is perfect for enjoying the warm weather while at the same time providing the views of the surrounding area. The room had a great modern and romantic feel which I would not change a thing about. All around a great stay and I will recommend this location for anyone staying in this area!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank j0hnc2

J0hnc2,

Thank you for such a favorable review. We are thrilled to know how great your experience is every time you stay with us. Knowing your stays are provided with great service and pleasing amenities is truly rewarding. Thank you for recommending our property to others as well. See you again next time.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Got off to a bad start but in any case I would probably describe the hotel as 'style over substance'.

Bad Points
- check in - we arrived at about 1pm and were told that the check in was not till 4pm (fair enough - I hadn't read the small print), but they would have a room ready in about 45mins (good). Went for lunch, game back an hour and half later only to be told the room wouldn't be ready till 4pm - meanwhile people in front of me seemed to be checking in and going to their rooms. After much complaining I was told they would have a room ready in 30mins but was on a lower floor (fine - eventually)
- room - designed as a 'faraday cage' - ie cell phones don't work, at 0550 each morning the water system kicked in - clunk gurgle. View - okay but book a room on the RH side of the hotel (looking out to sea) otherwise you won't get any sun till afternoon. Rooms small by US standards. Reminds me very much of hotels in the Mercure group in France.

Good Points
Room - Airy and bright
Location - close to sea front and shops
Gym - small but well equipped
Pool - Small but fine

The reason for my average rating is that becuase of the minimalist nature of the hotel (no restaurant, basic bar) there was hardly any opportunity for anything to be done badly other than provide clean rooms (achieved) and fast check in (failed).

Would I stay again - yes - but only because of location

Room Tip: Avoid room 201. Rooms on the left hand side (as you look out to sea) tend to get less sun
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

David J,

Thank you for providing your feedback. Our team works hard to try and accommodate early arrivals for all our guests and apologize we were unable to honor your request. It is very important to meet all guest expectations and unfortunately we missed our mark during your arrival process. I will use your experience as a learning experience for my staff and appreciate your review. I am glad to see you did enjoy the room, location, pool and the gym. Thank you for choosing Shore Hotel.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We spent two nights at the Shore Hotel. Our review is for the excellent staff and service they provided during our stay. From the wonderful hospitality at check in to the courtesy of the valet attendents. We received a first class response to a request regarding our room from the front desk/manager. We vacation often and stay at very nice hotels around the world. We highly recommend staying here with family or a romantic get away. The Shore Hotel is ranked #1 for vacationing on the west coast.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Trish W
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Trish W.,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am happy to hear your kind comments about the courteousy of our staff. We strive to only exceed guest expectations. Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I frequently travel for business in Santa Monica and usually stay at The Lowes or The Fairmont. I have seen the reviews for the Shore Hotel and decided to try it out. From the moment I pulled up I was greeted by Wayne in valet parking and then introduced to Randall, a bellman who escorted me to the front desk. The customer service agents at the reception desk were very accomodating not to mention my check in was seamless. I was extremly impressed this was a ego friendly hotel with so many great ammenities, this hotel is beautiful! My room was extremley clean and room service is top notch!! If you want a great 5 star experience I highly recommend the Shore Hotel, this is my new home away from home.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jennifer K

Jennifer K.,

Thank you for your kind review of our property. I am happy to hear that your expectations were exceeded when you stayed with us. Out entire team takes pride in doing the job right; here at Shore Hotel and we only strive to make things better! I will also share your great comments with Randall and Wayne! I'm hopeful that we will not just be your destination of choice for business but for pleasure as well!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations. My husband and I wanted a nice romantic weekend getaway and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The decor is modern and sleek but it still has an inviting feel. We thought the staff was top notch as we'll. We enjoyed a ocean view room which was comfortable and very clean.
The location is great for enjoying Santa Monica. We easily walked to the Pier/Third St. Promenade and had tons of great dining options close by.

Room Tip: Go for an ocean view if you can :). The view is worth hearing some street noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cristin D

Cristin D.,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am happy to hear that our team was able to make your stay here with us, memorable. Our staff takes pride in the work that they do to ensure that your stay with us is above and beyond. Thank you again for being our guest and we look forward to your next arrival.