“AWESOME location”

Shore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Great hotel in the thick of it. Walking distance to all you need in Santa Monica. Staff was great, rooms were modern and clean. Even the waiting area for the valet was a great experience. Love that you are so close to the ocean, pier, shopping and access to the 1 to head up the coast. One down side is if your in a room on the mall side the cell service is spotting if your using AT&T, room 261. This is my new go to when in Santa Monica.

Room Tip: get a room on the ocean side, the mall side can have some noise from the mall traffic and buses.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tskelton
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

tskelton,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am happy that you enjoyed the benefits of our location! Finding a property that has a beach, restaurants and shops near by is really one of a kind.I am also glad that you were satisfied with the rooms and our service. Our staff also does an excellent job ensuring that our guests only receive 5 diamond service. Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Shore Hotel

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Super modern hotel directly facing the Pacific Ocean. Superb location only a couple of mins walk to Santa Monica Blvd and the Pier. Hotel and rooms were spotlessly clean, with very comfy beds and luxury linens. Paid for ocean view room, but the pool view rooms are just as good for less money. Rooms on the small side, however OK for 2 people, would be a little cramped for 4. Glass shower a great idea, and glass everywhere makes room feel bigger. Staff all excellent, pool and hot tub just great. A little oasis amongst the hustle of LA. Would highly recommend and I will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms worth the extra
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Steve A
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

steve a,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our team takes pride in ensuring we are providing only comfort and luxury for our guests! Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Our family just stayed at the Shore Hotel for one night to celebrate our daughter's birthday. It is a smaller hotel but not understaffed so the service was very good and very accessible. There were no lines to speak to the desk, no lines at valet, everything was easy. It is located directly across from the Santa Monica Pier and that was how our daughter wanted to celebrate her 12th birthday, going on rides and playing arcade games. It was great to not have to deal with parking and just stroll over there. The rooms were very well designed. They reminded me of a more upbeat Standard hotel room. We had connected rooms which are only available with the city view, which was fine with us. It is also right next to The Ivy which was perfect for a family celebration. The room service was unique. You call down and they order food in for you. Again, it worked fine and was cheaper than regular room service, but they said they were opening a restaurant in the hotel in March.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hobojungle
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manger at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

hobojungle,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am pleased to hear that we were able to become a part of such a wonderful milestone! Our team works hard to ensure that our guest's experience is memorable. I am hopeful that you will visit us soon! Thank you again for being our guest!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We enjoyed this hotel. We had a 4th flour room with ocean view but it wasn't directly on the street. I worried about it being loud before we got there because there is a pool area underneath the rooms but the other guests were courteous and not too loud or the double pane glass balcony doors were very good. I could hear more from my neighbors on the floor than I could from below.
The location is great, the third street promenade is right behind it and there was a farmer's market on Arizona Saturday morning that was fun to walk through. I could just fit two huge avocados as big a grapefruit in my luggage on the way home.The Pier is very close (across the street), as are the bluffs to the beach.
I appreciated the Aveda toiletries and glass of champagne when we checked in. We also used a car service that the hotel recommended though I did notice that there are taxis parked pretty much right out the front door all the time. You can get around anywhere you want to go in Santa Monica or Venice without having a car while staying here.
I liked walking into the hotel at night because there is a frosted glass screen and blue/whitish lighting that lit up the pool area in the heart of the space -- about 10 - 20 ft from the sidewalk for the general public. It had a nice energy and felt upscale yet very easy to access for a guest at the same time. We went in and out of it easily throughout the days we were there and found it conveniently on the way to most places (eg. beach walk to fancy dinner locale). I do think though security knew who we were and were watching the place fairly closely.
I would definitely stay here again.
The only thing that would have made me sleep better was a firmer bed but I loved the down pillows. They were perfect.

2  Thank JKim27

Jeaniak,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Guest feedback means a lot to myself and the team. I am pleased to hear that your experience with us was memorable. We certainly take pride in the amenites that we provide to our guests and glad that you were able you enjoy them. I too love the blue lighting of the hotel! It's one of my favorite features! Thank you again for being ou guest and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We went to Santa Monica on business and the comapny we were meeting booked it for us. The front desk staff were extremely polite & professional. Rooms clean, hip and modern and a very cool shower. At the end of the trip they got us a car service for $45 to LAX and it was a very nice service and finished the trip up with a nice touch.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric H

Eric H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that your visit with us went well. Our entire team from the front desk, bellman to housekeeping work hard to ensure that your stay with us exceeds your expectations. I would like to invite you back to stay with us and hope that we become your destination of choice when visiting Santa Monica! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Well, we had too many margaritas at Blue Plate Coyote, so we stayed at Shore. It's super attractive and the staff is great. What's more, I had an issue with a charge. I spoke to Danielle about it. She assured me that the charges I was talking about would be gone in a couple days max (they were only reserve charges for incidentals). However, she said that if there were still issues, just call her back. A few days go by and all the fees were gone except one. So, I called Danielle, she wasn't there that day but a message was left for her. Unexpectedly, I got a phone call later that same day from Danielle. She just wanted to know that she had received my message and that she was getting to the bottom of it. Wow, I didn't have to do anything or call her. The next day, she called me again and asked for me to screenshot the charge in question as it showed up on my online banking. Double WOW, I never had to call her. She had called me every time and had been more than pro-active. Finally, she called me the following day and she had figured out what it was. Turns out, it was their ATM machine. Of course, I was mortified that I had wasted so much of her time chasing the charge that was legitimate. I know how valuable people's time is and I apologized profusely. I guess what I am trying to say is that the customer service was off the charts amazing. I only had to call one time to have my "issue" looked into and from that point forward, Shore Hotel staff called me. This is how businesses should be run! Kudos to them. BTW, the rooms are great and there are a ton of ocean view rooms. The pool is fantastic and the location is unbeatable. Thanks!!!! One more thing, our room was right about the Blue Plate Taco and the NOISY street. However, the noise was insignificant when you close your sliding glass door. This place is solidly built and they didn't skimp but it's still casual and comfortable.

2  Thank E_the_T
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I booked this hotel because I wanted to stay in a location that would help us recover from a great but tiring 14 day coach tour of the East Coast and Canada. I booked an Ocean View Premier room with King Bed.

The Hotel more than met our criteria. The room had great ocean views plus the Santa Monica pier was just over the road. The room and the bathroom were both spacious and the bed and furnishings modern and comfortable.

We greatly appreciated the gift from Dallana for our 50th Wedding Anniversary.

The room was extremely quiet both day and night when the door overlooking Ocean Drive was closed. Noise was also not a problem with the door open.

While we didn't try the pool we did have a great time swimming in the ocean and taking long walks along the great beachfront footpaths.

There are a number of shops in Third Avenue and any amount of restaurants and cafes in the area. The area is extremely popular with tourists with large numbers of people walking along Ocean Drive both during the day and night.

LAX was a nightmare on our departure day. We took a taxi at 6:00 a.m. for an American Airlines flight departing for Honolulu at 8:00 a.m. Bad mistake. The Book-in process was not what I expected and was somewhat delayed plus the amount of people at the airport was incredible. Also boarding tickets were not given out until we finally got to the Gate.If doing it again, I would allow at least two and a half hours at the airport itself.

1  Thank JagBallina
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

JagBallina,

Thank you so much for taking the time share your experience with us! I am happy to hear that we not only met your expectations but exceeded them. I would also like to thank you for your kind feedback about Dallana. I will definitely share those comments with her! We do our best her at Shore Hotel to train our team to provide service that is above and beyond! Thank you again for being our guest! We look forward to your next visit with us!