“The perfect Hotel Stay”

Shore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 16, 2013

If you are staying in Los Angeles this is the perfect hotel to stay at. The staff were exceptional with their service being the standout for me. I have stayed at many hotels around the world and I can honestly say that this was the best hotel stay I have ever had. You will not be dissapointed, the rooms were great, modern and roomy and everything was taken care of right down to the smallest detail. The location could not be better close to the pier, shopping and tourism transportation. They have a great valet car system and finally the wi-fi works excellent. Its only 15mins from the airport and we will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for a junior suite nice and roomy
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph H, Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Steffan P,

We appreciate your review regarding your recent stay with us. It is an honor to be held to the highest rankings as one of the best hotels you have visited. In designing the hotel it was important the we created an environment that all guest could enjoy, we are glad to know we did just that for you. Please join us again soon, thanks again!

There are newer reviews for Shore Hotel

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We spent 2 nights here at the end of our US stay and enjoyed every moment. It ticked all our boxes - great location, great room and decor, friendly and efficient staff. This new hotel is close to all that Santa Monica has to offer. It's rooms are a good size, accommodating our family of four and all our luggage (just). Bathroom and its large shower was great. Double glazing on our sliding door ensured that we were not disturbed by the outdoor noise. Special mention to the bellman - Randell - whose service was fantastic. Staff were all friendly and able to assist with all our enquiries. Car service that they arranged to transport us to the airport was first class! Would recommend this as great place to stay. Thanks for the bubbly upon arrival!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Joseph H, Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

MariC102013,

Hope your travels back to Australia went smooth. We appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I am thrilled to hear that our staff were able to assist and answer all your inquires. We truly do have a unique property with amazing features and i Am glad you were able to tske full advantage. Thank you for choosing our property while visiting Santa Monica.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed at the Shore Hotel in September for 3 nights. Right across from the beach and such a great view, so a perfect location being easy walking to the Santa Monica Pier and the 3rd Street Promenade. Plenty of eating options close by. (Don't miss Bubba Gump's on the Pier) Service at the hotel was great. 5 of us stayed in the one room. My husband, myself and 3 sons aged 6,9 and 12 and we had sufficient room. Pool and hot tub were a great option for the end of a busy day. Bartender on sight by the pool to make it even more relaxing! If we get back to Santa Monica again sometime we would definitely book the Shore Hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

HelenR272013,

Thank you for visiting our property in September. We are glad to know you enjoyed our fantastic location near the world famous Santa Monica pier and the 3rd Street Promenade. It is important for our team to provide exceptional service and we are proud that we met your expectations. We look forward to your next visit so your family can enjoy more of our Hotel and all of Santa Monica's offerings. See you soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

It is a gem. The architecture is spectacular. The staff is awesome. Located in the heart of beautiful Santa Monica. Right off the beach and the pier. And the rooms...well, you have to see them for yourself...

Sergey K,

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your mention of our property being a true gem. Thank you for also recognizing our spectacular architecture as the design makes our hotel unique. Please join us again soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We spent 3 nights at The Shore to start off US holiday.

Very efficient and friendly check in. We had arrived from long flight from Australia at 11 AM so was early but we were able to get into our room within 20 mins. While we were waiting Mary offered us a glass of champagne - great way to start off our holiday.

Decor is clean and modern. Our junior suite was spacious but I wouldn't say much bigger than an average hotel so I am guessing the standard rooms are on the smaller side. Bed was comfortable.

We had a partial ocean view, which meant we could only see the ocean when on our balcony. If you are looking for ocean view suggest paying a bit extra.

I would stay here again, although the hotel doesn't have standard hotel facilities such as room service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Christina M, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

DC1977,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Your feedback means a lot to myself and my team; and will be sure to share that, especially Mary! We are in the beginning stages of adding a restaurant on site! I would like to personally invite you back when it is complete and experience our newest amenity!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

An excellent hotel well positioned in Santa Monica. Staff were very friendly and helpful, even to the point of arranging transport to LAX. The complimentary glass of champagne on arrival to sit and overlook the pool and ocean in the sun was very welcome after a long flight in. Highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

David L,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. I am happy to hear that we made your experience with us, memorable. Please let me know when you are planning your next visit to Santa Monica and I would be happy to set it up for you! Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

A newer hotel that is trying to be too hip. Official check out time is 11am and check-in is 4pm. We arrived at 2:30 and our room was not ready. So, we walked across the street and spent an hour at the pier. The hotel was to text us when the room was ready. We never received a text, but eventually went back to front desk at 3:56 and was told our room was ready. The front desk staff have an air of superiority. Parking for hotel guests is valet only - $35 per day. I was instructed to text them when I wanted my car. I did so, showed up ten minutes later to discover that that "system" was not working. Also, you need to swipe your room key to exit the parking garage - there is a gate. It didn't work for me, and later that day it also did not work for the car in front if me. They seem to have some kinks that still need ironing out.

The hotel is very modern and being new, it is very clean. Rooms are smallish (New York average...I don't know what is typical in LA area). Free wifi and water in the lobby. Everything else is expensive...including the self serve coffee in the morning in the lobby. I should have booked Shutters for a few dollars more as my wife suggested.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bzurbo

bzurbo,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that our team did not follow up with you when your room was ready. I also wanted to apologize for the mechanical issues you encountered. I will be sure to share your experience with our team and use your experience as a training opportunity. I am very hopeful that we can earn your trust again and that you will choose Shore Hotel as your next destination when visiting Santa Monica!