“Only at The Shore Hotel”
Review of Shore Hotel

Shore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
ASTORIA
“Only at The Shore Hotel”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

My first time staying in Santa Monica and probably one of the best hotel expeiences of my life. The service was great! Everyone greated us with a smile. The architecture is amazing. The location is perfect. The rooms are just too cool. The view at sunset from our hotel room was beyond picture perfect. Totally worth it having a room facing the beautiful Santa Monica Beach. The concierge was a huge help with hard to get dinner reservations. I can't wait to stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank CHRISTIAN M
Jim S, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
CHRISTIAN M,

Thank you so much for your review. The fact that we were able to produce one of the best hotel experiences of your life is beyond rewarding. Our goal since opening has been to go above and beyond, creating an ‘experience’ rather than a typical hotel stay. Being able to provide guests with a location that cannot be beat, a stunning design and top notch service has simply become our standard. I will proudly pass along your praise to the entire staff for they will be thrilled they achieved this great accomplishment. Thanks again for such an outstanding review and we hope to see you soon!

Jim Surace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (747)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Hotels often look good on the Internet but disappoint when you actually see them for real. The Shore really lives up to expectations. The staff are friendly and very efficient, the rooms are great and the location is superb. Ok, so the pool is a bit small but it's really well done and there is so much to see in the area, the pool is just an added bonus to relax in before dinner. Would be great to have a restaurant serving breakfast, but you get a discount at Jinky's around the corner- and it is excellent too. Parking is really expensive, but otherwise it's 5 stars all round. Oh, by the way, the champagne at check in is a really nice touch!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Pageylfc
DieterSchmitz, Director of Rooms at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Pageylfc,

Thank you for your review and for choosing the Four Diamond, LEED Gold, Shore Hotel! We are delighted we lived up to your expectations in regards to our legendary service levels we aim to provide, our unbeatable location and that you enjoyed your champagne arrival. We hope to see you again in the very near future!

Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is a well designed, environmentally conscious and comfortable hotel. Whoever does the hiring should be congratulated as the hotel staff was all nice people, very friendly and courteous . Nice touches like a champagne drink when we arrived and availability of pastries/coffee in the morning and free wifi. Our bartender went out of his way to make sure we felt comfortable (heater, side table, another drink) with our drinks on the patio. Great location right across from the beach and pier! Well worth the little extra cost.... I just hope there is room available if I go back, because it seems a little undiscovered now!

Room Tip: Spring for at least a partial ocean view, full ocean view would be amazing.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DieterSchmitz, Director of Rooms at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Tom G,

During our pre-opening our Shore brand was built around providing a uniquely personable guest experience second to none that provided a refreshing escape from the mundane norm many have come to accept in hospitality. The key component in succeeding in doing so is our team of truly passionate hoteliers that take pride in every interaction they have and in the honor of creating lifelong memories for our guests. I am extremely grateful daily to have such talent and enthusiasm on our team whom has been together since our opening in October of 2011. We thank you for your kind words and hope to see you again in the very near future!

East Quogue, New York
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I really struggled on the "stars" for this hotel. I will break up our stay to Pros and Cons:
Pros: Upon arrival, I was greeted with a welcoming staff and Valet service. The lobby is open, clean and spacious. The location of this hotel is perfect. You are able to walk to everything..shopping, restaurants as well as the Pier. This is a must..there is limited parking in the area and much traffic. Being able to walk was superb! Since the hotel is fairly new, the room was nicely decorated and had a great modern touch! Even though the outside was noisy, our sliders did a good enough job blocking out the noise. Throughout my stay the staff was great and very helpful!

Cons: This hotel is very expensive! The rooms are very small. We were a family of 3 and had our 4th family member came with us, I would have had to get 2 rooms. We stayed for 5 nights and had 3 suitcases. It was a struggle to find space for them. The bathroom/shower has a glass wall into the main room. Even though there was a privacy shade that rolled down, I did not feel it was enough privacy for a family. The shower floor is not good for children, It was extremely slippery for myself and I had to assist my 12 year old get in and out. The beds were very comfortable, however, I found the pillows to have a musty old smell. The bathroom towels too had a musty smell as if they were not properly cleaned. My biggest issue was with housekeeping. Even though the rooms was cleaned daily, it did not appear clean. Powder remnants remained on the bathroom floor. There was no replenishing of tissues, shampoo and toilet paper. On our second day, after returning to our room from being out all day, we noticed the sliders were open and our safe was unlocked( nothing was taken from our room or safe). We called down to the front desk and security was sent to our room. Security said housekeeping must have left The door open and would have someone from engineer stop by the room to look at the safe. No one came to our room the next day, therefore we were then forced to bring out valuables with us in our rented car. This experience left my family feeling uneasy during the rest of our stay. Upon checkout, the hotels computers were rebooting and there i was unable to receive a final bill. I was ensured I would get it as soon as the computers were up and running...well its a day and half and not bill. I don't think I would stay at this location on my next trip back to California.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Theresa M
Theresa M,

Thank you for choosing Shore Hotel during your travels from New York and for your review! We are delighted you found our passionate team of hoteliers to be personable and exceptional in their customer service levels. We aim to provide an affordable Four Diamond experience in comparison to our competition and I think you will find that in the rates in which we offer. That being said our service levels should never be compromised below the high expectations we hold ourselves to daily and I have shared your comments with my Housekeeping Manager for immediate rectification as this is definitely not the norm nor acceptable. I have also contacted your Trip Advisor account so I can personally ensure you receive your folio immediately. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to New York and assure you the same personable service levels will greet you upon your return!

houston
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is the first time I stayed at this hotel and I will return every time I visit Southern California. It is on the more expensive side but worth every penny! Brandi Perkins checked me in and she is wonderful. She upgraded me to a room with a gorgeous view of the ocean/sunset. She also recommended several places to visit that I had no idea existed. The rooms are breathtaking and I honestly cannot wait to return again! Until next time...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alex B
DieterSchmitz, Director of Rooms at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Alex B,

We aim to provide a personable and relaxing luxurious escape from outside stresses and are delighted we succeeded in creating a warm home away from home during your experience with us. I will be sure to pass along your praise to Brandi who has been an instrumental part of our team since our opening and will enjoy reading your review. Please visit us from Houston in the very near future!

Fort Lee, New Jersey
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Loved the hotel,staff and location.Stayed in all the hotels in santa monica and found that the place can not be beat for value and service.This hotel will do anything to make your stay enjoyable. I never got the word no said on any request.
I know they are trying for a restaurant and then it will be perfect.

Room Tip: Stayed several times and have not had a bad room yet. They're all comfortable and clean. Do ask...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DieterSchmitz, Director of Rooms at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Evelyn R,

I am delighted to read your review as the word you mentioned simply does not exist in our vocabulary here at the Shore where we live by our slogan, “Anything…Everything…Your Escape Is Our Passion.” We look forward to your return from New Jersey and thank you for your review!

Surrey, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We chose a cheaper hotel down the street and it was SO filthy, we checked out of there and moved into paradise!!! This hotel was amazing, expensive but worth every single penny!! Staff was awesome, location super, pool fab, beds, everything!!! Spend the extra it's worth it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bradrox1554,

The title and content of your review is about all we could ever ask for and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We eagerly await your return the next time you visit Santa Monica from Canada and thank you for your review!