“Crisp, Clean, Refreshing & Respectful”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Shore Hotel

Shore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chicago, Illinois
“Crisp, Clean, Refreshing & Respectful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Be patient...it's going to take a while to describe how impressed I am with this hotel! And I can't give it 5 stars because I didn't try out the pool (gorgeous) or food (Blue Plate Taco) YET...

Location: Perfect right downtown Santa Monica across from the ocean and Santa Monica Pier. Giving it a 94 "walkers paradise" score. See below.

Walking Distance: RIght across from the ocean, you can literally wake up and see the Pier, go to sleep with the moons reflection off the water.
Easy to walk to shopping at Santa Monica Place and 3rd Street Promenade. As well as numerous food, fitness, entertainment, bar options... whatever you want.
Here's the walkers score online with a 94/100. See what's close www.walkscore.com/score/1515-ocean-ave-santa-monica-ca-90401

Atmosphere: A variety of people stay and work here so there's a laid back yet upscale vibe. I think anyone can feel comfortable and safe here. Where it's Business trip or a vacay... check it out. It's not really a spring break party place, thankfully, so lets keep it that way, crisp, clean and respectful-which actually sums up the Shore perfectly.

Rooms: The most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. I could have moved in and stayed there... I think I actually ask. ;) Seriously... Room has everything you need, want and actually surprises you with everything it has to offer.
The green sustainability amenities are so cool, the lights have sensors-turning off when you aren't there. The air conditioner turns off when the patio door is open. I love this, finally somewhere helping the environment. The bathroom is huge and the open shower keeps the fluidity of the room moving. The cleanliness was spectacular. Impressive spacing and design. Whoever put this place together deserves an award. Having an ocean front patio should be something you go for, with a breathtaking view of the ocean at sunset, along with the pier, it'll make you fall in love with Santa Monica.

Customer Service: From the front desk, valet, management or even random people around the hotel, EVERYONE i was in contact with was super nice, helpful, down to earth and seemed to be genuinely focused on each individual guest. They also seemed to enjoy there jobs, you could tell...and it clearly makes all the difference-it can actually make or break your day and change your mood. Plus it's not annoying fake attentiveness which is refreshing.

Outside Design: Other than the ocean, it steals the show. The blue lighting on the outside open frame with a killer pool with fire lamps or whatever they are, surrounding it. You'll want to tell people you stayed there. And actually writing this makes me realize I need to go back, the pool area is sexy and I need to experience it.

Inside Design: Open, a lot of natural lighting, it's modern but not scary-overly sharp edges modern. I think it's comfortable yet energetic. It also opened up my awareness of sustainability in buildings a lot... brain boost.

Parking: There's valet, a few options for street parking and parking buildings all around Santa Monica... Just ask the front desk pricing and determine what's best for you depending on the length of your stay.

Sustainability: It's the first LEED hotel I've stayed in but I was blown away. I think it's genius and hope all new & renovating hotels and residence go towards this. It's actually a big deal so read more about it on their website. Fascinating if you ask me. http://www.shorehotel.com/sustainability.php

I feel like I'm forgetting something so I might have to update this...I know this is a little overboard, maybe you don't care about half of this but if you want the short and sweet version... stay at the shore in Santa Monica if you want your experience to be top notch.

Room Tip: Get an oceanview room. You won't be disappointed, the sunsets are killer.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Misty B
DieterSchmitz, Director of Rooms at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
MistyCali,

Thank you from all of us at Shore Hotel for your detailed review and for providing pictures of your experience with us. We greatly appreciate your time and praise of our passionate team of talented hoteliers. As a collective team we vigorously aim to create a personalized guest experience centered on providing genuinely amicable customer service and we are delighted we were able to do so during your time with us. We hope to have you back so we can earn that extra star should you have the time to try our state of the art pool and Blue Plate Taco restaurant. Thank you once again for your review!

Dieter Schmitz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (728)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

The price is a little high but it is defiantly worth it. Its so nice to see hotels are doing something for the enivorment. I loved how nice it is. the blue light thats on at night put me to sleep instantly!! I loved how relaxing it made me.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank kandiXkat
DieterSchmitz, Director of Rooms at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
kandiXkat,

We aim to create a personable guest service experience that provides a refreshing escape from life’s daily stresses and are ecstatic we succeeded in doing so during your time with us. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you soon!

Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had reservation for my europien Family from Europe. The Hotel is excellent located sparking clean, well organized. The quality of the hotel worker is polite, knowledge and helpfull. The hotel is new with all of the high class of comfort. The service is excellent, knowledge people all with help and good personality. I checked back on the Ocen Avenue all of the hotel and price range. This hotel was the best of the best. The head supervisor really organized the quality of the worker to please the guest.

So... I just say Thank you. Klara Room 458

Room Tip: All of them is good
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Klara B
Jim S, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Klara B,

On behalf of the entire staff at The Shore Hotel I would like to thank you for such an amazing review. I can personally say that everyone on our Guest Services team enjoyed your daily visits through the lobby while picking up your family. As you noticed, our team is made up of a charming and friendly staff that truly takes the time to get to know each guest. The intimacy of being a boutique property allows us to create a uniquely personable experience unlike the surrounding larger hotels. Thank you so much for your review and we hope to see you soon (feel free to visit us at any time)!

Jim Surace
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, awesome location....greeted with champagne after long drive....what more can you ask? Cool and mondern and great views....would definately recomend and stay again. Everything you could ask for from a cali seasdie hotel!

• Stayed March 2013
Dalaz,

We appreciate your praise regarding our amicable team of passionate hoteliers and are delighted you had a memorable experience. We hope to have the honor of serving you again here at the Four Diamond, Shore Hotel in the very near future.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Had a great experience at The Shore Hotel last week. This is the second time I have stayed at this location and was originally recommended by my company's travel service. The entire staff was friendly and the receptionist Stevie remembered that I had been there a short time back based on my company profile. She took extra time to recommend dinner locations and upgraded my room. I will be recommending this hotel to other employees while traveling to Santa Monica.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Joseph H, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Larry443,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your kind words and gracious comments provide viewers with essential feedback regarding our property and staff. We appreciate you taking the time to address your recent experience with us. Stevie is truly an asset to our team and we will make sure to pass along your praise to her. We are honored to know you will be recommending our property to other employees of yours. Please join us again soon as we look forward to your return.
costaricatourtaker
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

My brother and I stayed at Shore Hotel in the first week of March.

What an amazing location. Just a block from third street promenade and lobby opens on to Ocean Avenue.

Super helpful and accommodating front desk staff.

There was a lady by the name of "Stevie" who was just fantastic. Took all the time and patience answering some of our questions and other guests. Seen a lot of front desk personnel in my life and she was really one of the best and most caring and welcoming and ensured we had a magnificent stay.

Modern rooms. Comfortable beds. Very quiet triple paned windows.

Room Tip: Had both ocean view but switched to garden view...extremely quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DieterSchmitz, Director of Rooms at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Costaricatourtaker,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. While we compete with the larger chains in the city we realized the key to our success would be providing our guests with a personable guest experience second to none. I am fortunate to have a team of immensely passionate and talented hoteliers that take pride in creating lifelong memories for our valued guests. I will be sure to pass along your praise to Stevie, who has been with us since day one, and our entire team. We hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed here for one night and had an amazing stay!! The beds are so comfortable that we did not want to get out of bed the next morning. We also had the ocean view room which is very beautiful and worth it! The shower was another favorite...love how the shower head comes out of the ceiling and you get to enjoy the ocean view at the same time. Thanks to the staff for making my stay great. Will definitely go back again.

• Stayed February 2013
DieterSchmitz, Director of Rooms at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
crazycaligrl,

Thank you for choosing Shore Hotel during your visit to Santa Monica. We appreciate your excellent feedback and hope to see you again in the very near future at which point I can assure you the same legendary experience will await.