“Good hotel bound to get better”
Review of Shore Hotel

Shore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Service and location outstanding, rooms adequate. Great choice for the price.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Jim S, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Jose H, Thanks so much for writing a review. We are overjoyed that you described the service and location as outstanding. Our team definitely aims to go above and beyond for each guest so I know they will be overjoyed to hear of your review. We are looking forward to our bar and restaurant opening late July, so hopefully we will see you back for that! Thanks again.

There are newer reviews for Shore Hotel

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I was looking for a relaxed stay where I could walk everywhere and this hotel delivered. Most of the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is modern and inviting. The location is central for walking to shops, restaurants, beach etc

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lesl_10

Lesl_10, Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review. Your title certainly says it all, ‘Great Location.’ We truly are honored to offer one of the best located hotels in Santa Monica being centrally located to everything and having of course the stunning ocean views. Knowing that we delivered on your Shore Hotel experience is something our team will take great pride in. As you noticed they are truly there for each guest and take great pleasure in all interactions. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Nice hotel, well situated.

pros:
- kind personnal, very attentive
- good location

cons:
- room wasn't ready when we arrived, we had to pay an extra.
- Room wasn't cleaned 4 days out of 7, had to call twice and then gave up coming back at 9 PM and seem the room not ready
- no breakfast or restaurant
- at 12.10 on departure day, we were threaten to pay an additionnal night if not leaving very soon, after not getting the room not cleaned the whole week, and people constantly forgetting about us, I thought this was pretty lame.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Dahood75
DieterSchmitz, Director of Guest Services at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Danhood75,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words about our amazing location and talented team. We take immense pride in provided a uniquely personable guest experience and attention to details plays a huge role in doing. Any experience here at Shore Hotel that is less than an excellent and consistent one will never be acceptable to our team. I have contacted your account to find more details regarding the issues you experienced during your stay. Our housekeeping team ensures to check rooms numerous times throughout the day so that those requesting privacy can still receive service once they are ready to do so. This performance is certainly not acceptable nor is the norm for our amazing housekeeping team and I look forward to hearing from you to understand exactly what happened during your stay for immediate training purposes. We take full accountability for any short comings on our end and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to win your trust and business back the next time you are in Santa Monica. I look forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best in your travels.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Clean, modern and comfortable. Easy stroll to the Santa Monica Pier and 15 minute walk to Venice beach. Staff were friendly and helpful. Great for a short stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SmurfWollongong
Nichelle N, Assistant Director of Guest Services at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you SmurfWollongong for your review! Thank you for mentioning our friendly staff, great location and modern and clean rooms! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your short stay with us and hopefully you will have a chance to stay longer next time! See you soon and thanks again.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Perfect overnight stay!! (June 8, 2012)

I checked in Friday night with Lindsay, she couldn't have been more friendly! She walked me through features of the hotel, told me a great place to eat, and that a bike ride on the boardwalk was a fun way to unwind after traffic. The bike ride was a fantastic choice. I wouldn't have thought of it, and I got to see a lot more of the area than I would have walking!!

The room was immaculate! It was very easy to see that the housekeeping team takes pride in their work. The glass shower looked like no one had ever used it, not a water spot from top to bottom. I had a chance to converse with Raul, and share how stoked I was on the cleanliness of the room.. right down to the coffee maker, the attention to detail showed throughout. He said that the whole staff loves the hotel and that it is a great place to work. What a nice thing for a guest to hear. You could tell by his smile he meant it!

Each time I passed a member of the staff, in that halls, parking garage, entrance.. ect.. they had a smile and a kind word. I truly felt relaxed and at ease. I was almost sad to have to check out so early Saturday morning to head out to work, my stay was too quick. Brandi sent me off on a high note. Having someone at the front desk who can be so positive and friendly at 6am is an absolute asset!! She had a bright attitude and knew of a quick place to grab a great coffee and bite to eat!

A fantastic stay!! I will recommend this hotel over and over! Can't wait to come back!!

Room Tip: All about the ocean front view of the Santa Monica Pier!
1  Thank tracey ann e

Thank you so much tracy ann e for taking the time to post a review! Wow, we are extremely delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that our team members provided exceptional service during your visit. We will be sure to inform all of our team members of your praises and specifically Lindsy, Raul and Brandi. We are so proud of each and every team member as each of them genuinely love to make our guests smile. All will be pleased to know that they provided you with a memorable experience and that you will recommend us over and over! We really appreciate it! Thank you again and we look forward to your future visits!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

A boutique style of hotel in a great location to explore the LA beaches; 5 minutes walk to the pier and to the shopping area. Rooms are modernly appointed. The best thing about this hotel though are the staff and service they provide. Always helpful and friendly and happy to help with any enquiries. Really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Hello Dora010 and thanks so much for your review! We are so proud of our team and are excited to learn that they have exceeded your expectaions during your visit. We are honored to have such dedicated and enthusiastic team member who genuinely want our guests to have the ultimate "Ultimate Shore Experience." We will pass along your praises as they will love to hear that you mentioned their hard work on trip advisor! We are also pleased to hear that you found our location perfect to explore LA beaches and easily accessible for premier Santa Monica shopping. Thank you again so much and we do hope that you have a chance to visit us in the very near future!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed at the Shore for 3 nights recently. After a long haul flight from Melbourne, Australia, I landed at 8:30am and got to the Shore by 9:30 and was very jet lagged. I went to the front desk and asked them for check-in time. The gentleman at the front said its normally 4pm, but he rang house-keeping and rush my room and it was ready in 10minutes. What a life saver, I couldn't imagine having to walk around for a whole day in that state. Haha.

Staff were very helpful and friendly, especially Stevie & Glen. Room was excellent, shower was amazing, there was no traffic noise from my room at all. Had a few problems with the WiFi on the first night, it kept dropping out, but after that was perfect. Might have been my devices. I'm just sorry I missed out on the new restaurant that will be complete in July apparently. This will add the missing touch for the Shore, but for now they have delivery from plenty of nearby restaurants which was great.

Thanks again, and next time im in LA I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: City view rooms are great.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Zachary d
DieterSchmitz, Director of Guest Services at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Zachary d,
G’day to you and thank you for your review! We are delighted to hear your Shore Hotel experience was everything we aim to provide to all of our valued guests. We understand how exhausting traveling can be and I am happy to hear we were able to accommodate your early arrival. I am so proud to have a team that takes great pride in providing a personable guest experience and escape from lives day to day stresses that really is a fresh and unique deviation from the hotel norm. We hope to see you during your next visit to Santa Monica from Melbourne and thank you once again for your review!