Shore Hotel
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$349
  • Beachfront
$496
$451
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$199
$312
$249
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$199
$521
$449
Fairmont.com
  • Beachfront
Casa del Mar(Santa Monica)
$664
$595
$339
$295
  • Pool
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel(Santa Monica)
$578
$475
The Ambrose(Santa Monica)
$289
$266
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
3,091 results
All reviewsprivacy screenglass wallblue tacothe santa monica piergreat locationgarden viewmodern hotelpartial ocean viewstreet promenadepool and hot tubglass of champagneocean aveocean frontupon checkpeople watchingvalet parkingrandall
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Booked a pool-side room at the Shore for a girls weekend. The staff were very pleasant and accommodating, which we know because we had to ask for a lot of things that should have been in the room already!! There was no coffee, coffee cups, robes. We even had to ask for our room to be made up after we returned at around 7pm and it hadn't been done! There are no information packets about the hotel, no information on the back of the door explaining fire exits, etc. No explanation of check out times or procedures.

Our room was on the ground floor level. I assumed that it would be right at the pool but we had to go through two glass doors to get to the pool. We had to ask engineering to come and help us open both glass doors. The pool area was very untidy, there were towels everywhere and the loungers had been pulled all over. Everyone was gone from the pool and it hadn't been straightened up. We asked to be moved to a room on an upper level but there wasn't one available.

There is no food available at the hotel which we found unusual, not even a breakfast buffet. The staff offered to order breakfast in for us but we chose to eat at the Georgian (very nice breakfast.)

The location is fantastic and the decor is modern, the bathroom has a glass wall separating the bedroom which is a little strange, there is a privacy screen though.

Even though the staff were very friendly and helpful, I would not recommend this hotel, it has an unfinished feel which is a shame as it has so much potential.

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean view, it's unobstructed and probably has fantastic views.
2  Thank LAFamilyof4
DieterSchmitz, Director of Guest Services at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2011

LAFamilyof4,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are delighted to hear about your happiness with our personable staff throughout your stay and that you enjoyed our legendary beach front location. We are however saddened by the issues you had during your stay and take full accountability for the short comings you experienced. The pool doors have now been programmed to be accessible to our guests and the lounge area is monitored on an hourly basis to provide an intimate environment for our valued guests. Our restaurant is set to open in January of 2012. We aim to create an experience second to none that will create a lifelong memory for our guests. In your situation with your room being serviced we simply fell short and I can assure you every issue you have mentioned has been delegated to the appropriate manager and has been rectified. That being said we have contacted your account to have you come back to experience what I assure you will be a relaxing and luxurious stay for you and your family. We are so very proud of the uniquely passionate and personable team we have here at our ocean front property and would love the chance to have you back here at Shore Hotel. Thank you.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I was very surprised about this beautiful new hotel. Nice rooms nice locations. I would like to say also thank you very much to Reggie Alston. Who has assisted us every day in each situation.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
DieterSchmitz, Director of Guest Services at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

Emanuele13,
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us! We will be super to pass along your praise to Reggie who will be delighted to hear you enjoyed your Shore experience. Please do visit us again in the near future!

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I just returned from 5 nights at the Shore (Oct 26-31) and I must say it was a wonderful experience. I am in the travel industry and have stayed at more then 10 luxury properties in Santa Monica, Beverly Hills and Century City and the Shore has now become my premier choice. The location is perfect as there is so much to do in Santa Monica without the need for a car. It is directly across from the ocean where you can stroll for miles along the boardwalk or take a dip in the ocean.

The rooms were outstanding! They were a good size but designed so well that there was space for everything my wife and I brought with us from clothing to toiletries. The best experience in the room could very well be the shower as it is large and has a modern "rainfall" shower head that made me reluctant to turn it off! The beds were extremely comfortable as a good nights sleep is very important to me and although we had a beautiful room facing the beach it was surprisingly quiet and well sound proofed.

The staff was extremely friendly and the service was superb from the front desk to housekeeping. The hotel offers great value for a beach front luxury hotel in Santa Monica and I will definitely be recommending it and look forward to staying here again on my many visits to Los Angeles.

Room Tip: Since this is a beach front hotel try to stay in a room with an ocean view if it is available so ask at check-in what's available as I am sure the hotel wants you to have the best experience possible and will do their best to accommodate you.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Marv52,
We are so honored to be able to have you with us for your 5 night stay. We can’t tell you how much we appreciate feedback especially from a seasoned traveler that is in the travel industry. We aim to compete with the most luxurious resorts in the world with personable service second to none. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our spacious bathrooms, rain showers and comfortable bedding. We are happy to hear you return to Santa Monica frequently and look forward to your next stay with us here at Shore Hotel!

Reviewed November 1, 2011

We absolutely loved our stay here! the service was excellent and very professional

Christina h,
Thank you for your review and for your kind words. We look forward to hosting your next experience here in beautiful Santa Monica and can promise you that you will be greeted with the same high level of service!

Reviewed October 30, 2011

I just spent 4 nights at Shore Hotel while on a business trip. It is a nice, new addition to Ocean Ave!

Having been open only a few weeks, it does have some growing pains it's working though, but overall Shore Hotel is a lovely hotel in a fantastic location. When I arrived, I was initially given a garden view room on the first floor of the garden wing of the property. This apparently required the use of 2 elevators... One of which was out of service. When I told the staff at reception that the room was inaccessible by elevator, I was rebooked into a partial ocean view room, I think a suite, in the main wing. It was very spacious and comfortable! I hadn't been seeking an upgraded room, but I truly appreciated it! (Too bad the weather was too foggy to enjoy the view from the terrace, but, hey, that's not the hotel's fault!) :)

Enough can't be said about the beautiful, modern, but cozy decor and the location by the beach, Pier, mall, Third Street Promenade and so much more!

The only 2 things I would suggest need improvement are: I missed the hotel's driveway (and thus the sign for valet) on my first pass because view of it was blocked by the valet for a restaurant next door... Better signage closer to the Ocean Ave sidewalk would be better; and (2) as a green hotel, guests are encouraged to hang and reuse towels if desired... But there was no hanger or towel rack in the bathroom... There should be!

I travel to Santa Monica regularly and have tried most of the hotels on that strip of Ocean. If the rates at Shore Hotel stay competitive, I'll certainly be back!

• Stayed: October 2011

Ammts28,
Thank you for letting us here at Shore Hotel be your home away from home during your 4 night stay in Santa Monica. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our central location and décor. We thank you very much for your suggestions and can assure you they have been used to better our rooms as we hold our guests feedback with the utmost level of importance. We thank you once again for your review and our honored to be your new choice destination in Santa Monica.