“My weekend get-a-way!!”

Shore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Our stay at the Shore Hotel was a wonderful relaxing plush experience to say the least. We enjoyed the room as well as the pool area. The view was totally awesome. We arrived on Friday evening to check into our room and was welcomed beyond welcoming. Our name was continuously used during the process of checking in as well as well as with the bell man, James who was toatlly awesome and remembered our name until we checked out as well as during our stay. Brandi was the employee who checked us in. She was very plesant, helpful and attentive making sure I would enjoy my stay AND I DID JUST THAT!!! The hotel is beautifully designed which makes you want to stay longer that planned, guaranteed!!! Eateries, bars, the beach, Santa Monica Mall (of course) are ALL walking distance which makes it very personable & romantic. This hotel is and will be in my top 5 choices to return and enjoy it again. I highly reccomend staying at the Shore Hotel in Santa Monica to experience it for yourself. Shore Hotel is the newest hotel that has everything you are looking for and more......... IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
DieterSchmitz, Director of Guest Services at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

Andrea B,
We are happy to hear your weekend was a memorable and pleasurable one. Brandi will be delighted to hear your kind words and our entire staff looks forward to your return!

Reviewed October 10, 2011

Just by driving by I knew this hotel was going to be amazing, but I had no idea it was going to be that good... Some hotels tease you with a beautiful exterior and cool architecture, but luckily the Shore Hotel didn't disappoint in any category.

Immediately upon checking in, the staff was super attentive, extremely friendly and made sure to make everything very personal. I knew this was a green hotel and after experiencing a green gym and other green amenities elsewhere, I was a little apprehensive. However, the lighting was perfect and the shower was to die for. No lack of water pressure or off-putting lights. The towels were the softest and largest I had ever witnessed in a hotel, along with a robe that felt like cashmere. I've slept in many 5-star hotel beds and this one was definitely the most comfortable. It was like sleeping on a cloud. Also, all the furniture was super modern, yet really comfortable and there was a huge HDTV in the room. After a few minutes, we received a call from the front desk asking if we had settled in well and whether or not we had any questions or concerns. I thought this was really nice of them. I think one of the things they paid the closest attention to was noise. Being right on Ocean Ave, there are always people walking by and cars driving by. With the sliding glass doors they used, you'd think you were on a deserted island all by yourself. Definitely a great touch.

Since we checked in at night, we weren't immediately able to witness the stellar ocean view, but we were happy to wake up to an unobstructed view of the sand, sea and the Santa Monica Pier. It looked like a postcard.

What was really nice about the hotel was the fact that it's perfectly located in the heart of Santa Monica. Nothing is more than a few blocks away, including the Santa Monica Place Mall, the 3rd Street Promenade, the Santa Monica Pier, and even Main Street in Santa Monica. It's also right in between Venice and Malibu, plus it's conveniently located near the freeway, so if you want to head to Hollywood or Beverly Hills, it's only a short drive away.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting LA, especially if they want to be near the beach. Everything is new and luxurious, plus you feel great because it's an environmentally friendly hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
DieterSchmitz, Director of Guest Services at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2011

Greg L,
Thank you for taking the time to write your detailed and complimentary review. We agree from the outside the hotel is visually stunning and we wanted to ensure our service level continues the same inspiration our bright blue lights provide to the city. We are delighted to hear you appreciated our high level of personable service. We are very proud to be LEED registered and ensure we still offer only the finest amenities from our state of the art gym to our rain showers. We are pleased to hear our towels, robes and showers provided your best hotel experience to date as well. We thank you so much for all your kind words and for being a valued guest here at Shore Hotel. Please do visit us again in the near future!

Reviewed October 10, 2011

I arrived a bit early on a beautiful day to check in after driving for hours from Northern California for some much needed time to myself. I needed to kill some time to give the staff time to get my room set. Never visiting Santa Monica before, I thought I would need a car in order to get from place to place.

Nichelle was kind enough to let me know that shopping was just around the corner. An understatement to say the least!

Turning the corner I was met with blocks and blocks of shopping and restaurants. It was incredibly easy getting lost in the shopping for several hours. I decided to check out the Pier before heading back to the hotel since it was the first thing that stood out as I drove in and it's a few steps away!

Once in my room I was able to get to work taking advantage of the fast internet provided. A pretty nice work station if I may say so myself. Once finished I was able to meet up with friends at a restaurant that happened to be less than a few minute walking distance. We ended up going out for a few drinks as usual and again, the place was no more than a few steps away. Getting back to the hotel was incredibly easy and the bed was amazingly comfortable.

My car sat nicely in their secure covered garage the entire weekend. Not needing to use it or worry about it once during my stay.

I highly recommend visiting Santa Monica and staying at The Shore Hotel. The design is beautiful. The staff is young energetic and helpful. And the location and ease of getting around is unbelievable. You have to check it out for yourself to believe it.

Room Tip: Not sure how the room numbers work but my room (430) had ocean and Santa Monica Pier views. Highly r...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank jgarciajr45
DieterSchmitz, Director of Guest Services at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2011

Jgarciajr45,
We can’t thank you enough for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your stay with us! We will be sure to pass along your praise to Nichelle and our entire amicable team. We are delighted you enjoyed our central location and your overall experience here at Shore Hotel. Please do visit us again soon in the near future. We will be sure to save the same amazing view for you!

Reviewed October 9, 2011

Beautiful new hotel directly across from the Santa Monica Pier. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The decor is like no other. I did not give this hotel an "excellent" rating for one reason...the noise. We easily heard loud people in the hallways and outside the building when we were trying to sleep.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Cindy1211
DieterSchmitz, Director of Guest Services at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Cindy1211,
We appreciate you review and compliments about our amicable staff as well as pointing out our amazing location facing the Pacific Ocean. On behalf of our entire staff we look forward to having you in the future as our valued guest.
Dieter Schmitz

Reviewed October 9, 2011

This hotel far exceeded my expectations! I was in town visiting friends and it could not be in a better location. There are plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance (and shopping too, of course). The hotel itself is beautiful--the pool area has lots of lounges and cool fire pits; the rooms are super modern; and the view from my room was breath-taking. There are also speakers in the room which I used to play music and charge my iPhone! The staff was so friendly and welcoming. I left something in my car and the front desk and valet were so sweet about it and acted as though it was no trouble at all! I ran into Dieter, the guest services guy, and he was so sincere. He asked me how I was enjoying my stay and if there was anything they could do better. I know it is a new hotel, but they got it down :)
Oh, and the beds are sooooooooooo comfortable!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank catherine_shoff

Catherine_shoff,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed our amazing views, pool terrace with fire pits and overall service levels. We hope to see you again in the near future here at Shore Hotel!
Dieter Schmitz

Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stayed at the Shore Hotel for one night and loved every moment. The staff was warm and friendly. Check in and check out was smooth. I was impressed witht the staff, particularly with one of the Managers - Nichelle, who took the time to direct me to my room and explain the ammenities of the hotel. Great rooms and great location as well - right by the beach. I highly reccomend this hotel and will definately stay here again when I visit Santa Monica again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Jim S, Front Office Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2012

Vince S, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! Our team definitely aims to create an amazing experience for each and every guest. We are thrilled that we succeeded in creating that experience for you! I will pass along your warm regards to our team, and Nichelle. Hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

My husband and I recently took our first weekend away from our little one and chose to stay at the Shore Hotel in Santa Monica. We are from L.A. and wanted to do a little get away that wasn't too far but still felt relaxing. The location of this hotel, literally right across the street from the Santa Monica pier and ocean and only a few walking blocks from Third Street Promenade was amazing. We didn't get into our car once.

We stayed in one of their suites on the grand opening and experienced only the warmest of service. Seriously, everyone at their front desk was so accommodating and sweet as were the bell boys and cleaning crew. They had a lot of recommendations for restaurants and activities in the area and by the second day they knew us by name. It felt very personal.

The room itself felt very modern and beach-y, with warm blues and oranges and a very comfortable bed and bathroom. The view overlooking the ocean could not be beat.

I highly recommend this hotel for an all around luxurious and fun experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Nichelle N, Assistant Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Heather M., thank you so much for your review! We are pleased that we have created such a memorable experience. Here at Shore Hotel, our mission is to provide each guest with an excellent stay filled with genuine, knowledgeable and personable service from each of our team members. I am so happy that we achieved that during your visit with us. Our location and room design only help to enhance our mission as you mentioned, not once did you have to move your car. That's what makes us special and keeps our guests coming back. I hope you will visit us again very soon as well. Thanks for your recommendations and we hope to see you in the very near future.