“High Quality Ingredients With Equally High Prices”

Sweet Rose Creamery
Ranked #7 of 33 Dessert in Santa Monica
Description: At Sweet Rose Creamery we make small batches of hand-crafted ice cream in our kitchen in Santa Monica. We use only the best ingredients we can get our hands on including organic milk and cream from Clover Farms, organic eggs from Chino Valley Ranchers, fresh fruit and nuts from our favorite famers at the Santa Monica Farmers' Market and more. Our kitchen is 100% GMO free and kosher certified.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I love ice cream. Always have. Always will. And when it is handmade on site, I am overjoyed.
That said, it should be noted that you need deep pockets if you want to be a regular customer.
Unusual flavors that appeal to adult palates, it is definitely not for kiddies. It's small, narrow and the only seating is outside. Servers are friendly, helpful and allow you to sample flavors before you buy.
I'm sure I will return when I am in the neighborhood, which is once a month.. But I won't make a special trip to buy their ice cream.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Found this delightful ice cream shop after much searching on the internet. It was fantastic. My husband had the Bacon sundae, which literally had candied bacon on it and I had an ice cream sandwich. I also sampled some of their numerous toppings, many of which were yummy and not run of the mill - think salted walnut crumble and pecan brittle. Be prepared to wait, but it's totally worth it!

Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

This is the place to go in Santa Monica for your ice cream craving. It is surrounded by the cutest shops and restaurants. You can build your own sundae or pick from their combinations. Lots of fun ice cream favors, such as Sweet Corn or Irish Stout. And yes, it actually tasted like corn!! And of course, the all time favorites- chocolate, vanilla, rocky road, etc. Just delicious!

Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

The ice cream is on the pricey side but it was really good. I enjoyed this part of Santa Monica a lot better than the more touristy areas. I would recommend this place for some good and unique flavors. Sweet corn ice cream??? Never heard of it but it tasted just like corn. Not my thing but it was fun tasting the flavors.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Had an after dinner ice cream craving. Looked up ice cream in Santa Monica area on Chowhound. Delicious, homemade ice cream in Brentwood neighborhood. Great flavors (i.e. rocky road, salted caramel, chocolate, vanilla) and a bunch of others that looked scrumptious, but which we didn't sample. We ordered vanilla and rocky road in waffle cones (crispy, buttery goodness) and vanilla ice cream chocolate cookie sandwich which looked deceivingly small, but was very rich and filling. Store front is relatively tiny, but there is a spacious outdoor area with benches and tables. Friendly, helpful staff. Bonus heat lamps kept us warm while we ate our treats on a chilly night.