“You want fish? Here you go”

Santa Monica Seafood
Ranked #44 of 691 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
London, United Kingdom
“You want fish? Here you go”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I tend to have the chowder. Really excellent and nourishing. My colleagues are more adventurous but everything I see looks extremely appetising.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Near the Beach”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

If you make it to Santa Monica for the beach or Pier go a little out of your way and have dinner here. We had a large party which they handled with no issues. Service was fantastic and the food matched.

Visited September 2013
West Chester, Ohio
“It's all about the oysters”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I love traveling around for great oysters. The best by far at Santa Monica Seafood were the Beausoleil. The Kusshi and the Kumamoto were amazing too. We shared the mushroom ravioli as an entrée - delicious! Glad we shared because it was very rich. For dessert, I highly recommend the salted caramel ice cream sandwich. It is a bit difficult to get into the restaurant at peak times since they don't accept reservations, but the bar is first-come first-served so we lurked until someone got up and only waited about 10 or 15 minutes. It still would have been worth the 45 minute wait for a table, though. We really enjoyed sitting at the bar, as the other patrons were friendly and made some great recommendations that we tried and then passed on to the next people. The staff were very friendly and attentive. I hope to be in Santa Monica again, and if so will most definitely be returning.

Los Angeles, California
“Fresh, great quality seafood”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I had lunch there a couple of days back. The food was great, you can see the quality products they put it.

I was impressed with the service as well.

Portions are for one person and prices are not that cheap .

I liked it and will come back!

Los Angeles
“Prices Up, Quality Down, Attitude as Bad as Ever”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

That sums up this week's lunch at what used to be one of my favorite places. Long ago I decided I could put up with the obnoxious hosting attitude (including no reservations, no table until the entire party arrives and tables assigned according to favorite patrons) because of the amazing quality of the freshest fish. And we still shop here for fish to bring home. But not only have the prices gone up yet again on the menu, but the quality has gone down. The swordfish in the swordfish sliders was room temperature at best, the wrong chowder came out (and when the correct chowder arrived my lunch companion declared it unimpressive) and I had to ask multiple times for iced tea to be refilled. I think we're now on a break.

1 Thank fantasticv0yage