“it was only ok”

Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed May 1, 2013

found this one to be cramped in the sense that the tables where to close for our liking but that may just be us?. the food while very nice was bought much to fast, we like to take in the ambiance and eat over a period of a couple of hours but no mater where we went in the USA we always felt that every meal had to be served in a hurry. the staff however where lovely and considerate and this certainly helped.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is my first review, I generally don't write them, but this place is really great! The seafood is really tasty, fresh and well made, I am only sad I discovered this place a week before I am leaving Santa Monica! Been there for lunch on Saturday, ordered a "small" Cioppino which was a very filling portion and really good. I loved the place so I decided to go again on Sunday, got fried calamari for starters (again "small", again big!) and then ravioli with shrimp and scallop - also very well made and tasty. Will definitely go there again before I leave Santa Monica, those crab legs look awesome!

The place was quite crowded both times I went, so one should probably book a table. I was solo both times so I sat at the bar which wasn't empty but there were a couple of free chairs there. The interior and atmosphere aren't exciting, but who cares when the food is superb! The staff is very friendly and good. At the bar I could see that quite a few people were regulars (knew the names of the waiters and asked about their private lives etc) who were also clearly very happy with the food.

One of my favorite places, just had to come to review it!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Good seafood poor service no atmosphere noisy parking is hard also the fresh seafood counter has really nice fresh seafood and great selection to bring home with you

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was actually driving around in my car, looking for a place to have dinner alone, when i drove past this place. Looked really crowded, but i gave it a try. There was a seat left at the bar, which i took. I ordered some king crab legs, which were really delicious. Fresh and very tasty!
The second time i ordered a spicy salmon burger for lunch, which was also very tasty and fresh.
Look forward to my next visit!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Love this restaurant. It's small, crowded, and there can be a long wait, so the best idea is to go early or late. The sea bass was the most delectable I've ever eaten; I went back two days later to eat it again. Not a large menu, but the fresh fish is excellent.