Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$199
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$259
$527
$413
$323
$269
  • Pool
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$209
$376
$359
Agoda.com
2,801 results
All reviewsfire pitpool deckmuscle beachocean viewsanta monica beachferris wheelgreat poolbeautiful hotelper dayvalet parkingamazing locationthird street promenadelos angelesfew blocksvinepierconcierge
Reviewed May 30, 2006

Very nice hotel with a very impressive lobby. What you are looking for in a nice hotel is a welcoming, relaxing atmosphere and this hotel certainly has that. The lobby and bar area is lovely to loiter around for a drink with open fires etc as are the couches at the end of each floor overlooking the ocean.
It is also more or less right on the beach, you have to cross a tiny quiet road to get to it and then straight on the beach.
The rooms are not quite up to 5 star standard, more like a good 4 star but have enough to keep you very comfortable and while most rooms do over look the pool you can see the sea from nearly every room in the hotel.
It is is a good location and is only a 10min stroll to downtown Santa Monica.
The only negatives are the cost of valet parking which you will need and that the rooms are pricey but you come to expect that in Santa Monica.
The concierge is extremely helpful, the pool is about 20metres long so just about ok for laps and the fitness centre is one of the better hotel ones.
We didn't stay there but Shutters on the beach a few doors down looks very nice also.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 28, 2006

Stayed at this hotel for 3 days on business.

While close to the beach, it is not really on the beach. Also, many of the rooms face the side - not the ocean. My room, on a lower floor and the side picked up a good amount of street noise. I could see a bit of the ocean.

You'll need valet parking - expensive.
You'll probably wind up eating at the hotel - expensive for the quality.
If you are on business, the internet in the room costs and the internet in the lobby costs too.

Rooms are good - but for the price I expect great.

Maybe the nicest hotel in Santa Monica - but not the best in LA.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank dagsmith
Reviewed April 17, 2006

Stayed at this hotel for 10 days on business. I had heard it was a nice hotel. What a farce!

My husband and I arrived after an early flight from Boston. The woman at the Front Desk offered us an ocean view room since king size bed wasn't available yet. We agreed. The room faced a building under construction and you could barely see the ocean!

We ate outside by the Pool. The service was absolutely horrendous. It took us over an hour just to get our beverages - iced tea and a water. Our meal finally showed up after 90 minutes of waiting. Now, I would give the server some slack if it was incredibly busy but I've been to bars that are a lot bigger and never waited so long for a simple beverage.

Another evening we went to the Bar for a quick bite to eat and the waitress could barely acknowledge us. We had to get our own menu, keep flagging her down to take our order. At least we got our beverages in a timely manner. We also had to flag the waitress for our bill. Again, the place wasn't that busy.

The people staying in the room next to us were always yelling at their kids and one of the kids was very whiney. This was a daily occurrance at 8:00AM and around 7PM. The parents would stand in the hall and reprimand the son or each other!

I have to give credit to the Bell Stand guys - they were very knowledgeable of the area and were always there to assist with anything.

Santa Monica (beach area) has really gone downhill. It seemed there were a lot more homeless than I remember. I realize there is always homeless wherever you go, and I've been to Southern Cali a lot but it just seemed more than I remember.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
6  Thank SurferBetty
Scotland
Reviewed March 21, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in September 2005 on our honeymoon. I had been to Santa Monica before but as a student and stayed in a hostel, this time I needed a bit of luxury and that's what this hotel is, it's beautiful inside and so friendly for such a hotel of its size. My father-in-law had left us various messages at the reception when we arrived, we had a parcel sent there and they were so prompt in telling us it had arrived. The conceirge was so helpful in giving us directions and any tourist info we needed.
The hotel is situated just back from the beach, a 2 minute walk from the famous Santa Monica pier, a 5 minute walk from Third Street Promenade where all the great shops and restaurants are. It's right off Highway One if you are driving north or south and 5 minutes in the car from Malibu, if you fancy a drive.
I also left behind a few items of clothing I had bought while over there. I contacted the hotel when I got home to Scotland and their Lost and Found department sent them to me, amazing!!
The hotel has a beautiful big pool and jacuzzi, great waitress service while you sit by the pool with drink in hand, you can sit and watch the sun go down, it's well worth the money, I loved it!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
El Segundo, CA
Reviewed March 17, 2006

My wife and I stayed at this beautiful hotel the night after our wedding, and I was completely satisfied with every aspect of our stay. From the wonderful valet service and front desk staff, to the marvelous breakfast buffet overlooking the Santa Monica pier/beach, we were dreading the moment we would have to leave. We will absolutely stay at this hotel again when we have the opportunity!!!

• Stayed: July 2004