First the good news. The hotel property is beautiful and the location perfect. It could of, and should of, been a wonderful stay. Two major negatives that ruined my stay.
1) woke up on my third morning to have a workman standing directly outside my 4 th floor window.
The hotel had neglected to inform me they were going to be doing work outside my window. Workman then proceeded to much banging with a hammer.
2) that same morning, there was no hot water at all for the entire morning. Had to take a cold shower.the front desk staff are the worst trained staff of any hotel I have stayed in. It's as if they are hired for their stupity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the Pacific Ocean with the thriving Santa Monica city on one side and the sands of legendary Muscle Beach on the other, the Four-Diamond Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel is a beachfront retreat offering dramatic views of the Pacific Ocean and beyond. Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel has become the first luxury hotel in Santa Monica to receive the Santa Monica Green Business Certification. Offered through a partnership between The City of Santa Monica, Santa Monica Convention and Visitors Bureau, Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce and Sustainable Works, the certification program honors businesses that have taken measurable steps to incorporate sustainable practices into their operations. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Ocean & Vine offers the option to dine fireside or outdoors on a spacious patio while enjoying breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and world-famous Santa Monica Pier. Ocean & Vine's contemporary California farm-to-table cuisine showcases thoughtful interpretations of the familiar favorites. Recently named one of the "Best Hotel Spas" by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler for the second year in a row, Ocean Spa & Fitness offers an array of supremely-relaxing services. From Heated Lava Shell massages to age-defying facials, the eco-friendly Ocean Spa will keep you feeling relaxed...Naturally. An expansive fitness center features state-of-the-art cardio equipment with iPod docking stations and personal televisions. Guests may also take advantage of the full service salon. World-class biking, surfing, dining and shopping are right outside the hotel's door. Offering convenient access to everything Santa Monica has to offer, the hotel is just blocks away from the Santa Monica Pier, Third Street Promenade and the new Santa Monica Place mall. Muscle Beach's 26-mile paved strand offers the ideal setting to bike or blade. Santa Monica also boasts rich cultural history with an abundance of museums and theaters. Working with one of the hotel's Les Clefs d'Or certified Concierges puts all this and more at each guest's fingertips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Monica Loews