Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$199
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$259
$494
$377
$310
$220
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$209
$385
$251
$546
$374
  • Pool
Casa del Mar(Santa Monica)
$667
$266
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
2,802 results
All reviewsfire pitpool deckmuscle beachocean viewsanta monica beachferris wheelgreat poolbeautiful hotelper dayvalet parkingamazing locationthird street promenadelos angelesfew blocksvinepierconcierge
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I really splurged to book a room here when I saw how very expensive it was, plus the $35/day manditory valet parking. The hotel itself is everything it should be, beautiful pool area, on the beach, excellent service, but again, at a very high price. As a Loews You First Gold member, I always try to choose them to take advantage of free room upgrades, which they really came through with again as we were upgraded to deluxe, beachfront, room. The beds were very comfortable and everynight I dozed off the the huge, contoured bathtub. The spa and fitness center offered wonderful steamroom and sauna, which we utilized everyday. The poolside bar served delicious, however, expensive drinks. I do wish they had frige in room for our beverages, but the extra tv in bathroom was a nice plus. Overall, our three night stay costs us more than my mortgage, and that was only paying for the cheapest, standard room they offer. Without the free upgrade, it would have still been a lovely hotel, but a beachfront room certainly made it more "lovlier".

Room Tip: The rooms facing the street offer terrible views of busy highway. Spend more and get oceanfront.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our family stayed at Loews and overall was great. Hotel is lovely but expect to pay at the upper end of things. Wifi is free in reception but you must pay for the service if within your room. Other hotels provide this service free. Also for the use of the gym, is not included, you must pay for its use, which again is included in our hotel facilities.
But it is in a great position and he pool area is a lovely place to be with the sun streaming in. Service was very good and facilities and room was kept very clean. My 8y.o. Twins and wife loved the hotel as I did just ashame had to pay for those other services which should be included.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nick A
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I suppose my expections of Santa Monica in general were alot different to the reality of the place. Personally I wouldn't return there. It's dirty, run down, dated and not the beach side resort townI thought it would be. Maybe I'm spoilt as I come from a country with the best beaches in the world but it was a shock to see so many displaced persons, rubbish, run down buildings and generally just plain depressing. The hotel is totally overrated. The reception staff are polite but very patronising and insincere. Valet, housekeeping and concierge were very friendly, helpful and efficient. The superior rooms are small, with double beds instead of queens and views of the dirty alley way with garbage trucks and a corner view of the pier and ocean from the so called balcony. The balcony is a sliding door leading to the railing with no floor space - very wierd. The pool area is pleasant and the cafe/bar service very good. Save your money and go to a beach that is worth visiting. Really disappointing.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money on the superior rooms. The view of the pool would be better than the alley way and costs less.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here with 2 small children and 1 baby for 3 nights. I researched hours deciding where we should stay on this trip. The hotel is expensive for what you get, but that's to be expected for Santa Monica. We really enjoyed being within walking distance to the beach, pier, and 3 rd street promenade. My kids especially loved watching the strong men do their workouts on muscle beach steps from the
Hotel's back door. The hotel was very kid friendly, they gave them kites when we checked in and they have a delicious kids menu. There were a lot of other children there too.
We enjoyed the restaurant out by the pool, and having poolside waiters is always nice. My husband liked the happy hour in the bar.
As for our complaints:
The air conditioning was very weak. The first room we had it barely functioned, we had to switch rooms (a huge hassle with the kids). The next room it worked a little better but we had to turn it down to 60 degrees.
The bed in a double room are really small. We were expecting queen size, and they seemed smaller than doubles if that's possible.
All in all, I would most likely stay there again, as you can't beat the location.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Visited Loews bar and grill for our last night in California. Beautiful views and location, and our server was terrific. But- ordered their "best" glass of wine at $15, and it was awful. I googled the wine and discovered it was only $12 a bottle. Huge rip off and big disappointment-in California you think there would be very nice wines and here there were not.

• Stayed: October 2012